Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Anchor released at the Hutchwilco New Zealand Boat Show

What's the bike for? To cycle back along the road after you have dragged aground to get a tow off?
    "'...contradictions .... are deliberate exercises in doublethink." Orwell from 1984

Looks very Delta like

that's interesting, I can't find anything about the manufacturer. Must be very new.

EDIT

No, I tell a lie. Tern-anchor.com.

Tern-anchor.com is registered in China. Shanghai to be precise, by a Mr Wei Li. If you look up his company,

http://spbedcl.en.china.cn/

you see this gem.

"Shanghai Pangtong Business Enterprise Development Co., Ltd. is a modernized professional stainless steal decoration product corporation..."

The anchor claims to be named after a diving bird - though the picture shows a GANNET

http://tern-anchor.com/product.asp

To be a bit picky, as one is dealing with a highly technical, mission-critical item, one might hope that the designer will be able to tell the difference between 'pressure' and 'tension'.

" it can go nowhere else but into the seabed when the rode pressure is applied. "

Gestation of technically advanced marine products is typically many many years, and all potential users should be grateful that the company has spent nearly seven years in the design process, before deciding to go public with production.

"The Tern Anchor story began in 2006 as a design project to find an effective, simple design for a New Generation Anchor that would outperform the traditional anchors available."

And what a well-crafted set of exclusions on the warranty page !

http://wsdata.com/redirect/2013-01-23/tern-anchor.com

And mightily relieved will we all be to know that the shank of the galvanised version is made of reliable, proven Q620.

So let's get this straight, Grant, old r*c*d*v*st fruit cake, do you have anything, anything at all, to do with the manufacture, or promotion, or selling of this anchor. As Private Eye says, I think we should be told.
    Last edited by sarabande; 21-05-13 at 12:34.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    that's interesting, I can't find anything about the manufacturer. Must be very new.

EDIT

No, I tell a lie. Tern-anchor.com.

Tern-anchor.com is registered in China. Shanghai to be precise, by a Mr Wei Li. If you look up his company,

http://spbedcl.en.china.cn/

you see this gem.

"Shanghai Pangtong Business Enterprise Development Co., Ltd. is a modernized professional stainless steal decoration product corporation..."

The anchor claims to be names after a diving bird - though the picture shows a GANNET

http://tern-anchor.com/product.asp

To be a bit picky, as one is dealing with a highly technical, mission-critical item, one might hope that the designer will be able to tell the difference between 'pressure' and 'tension'.

" it can go nowhere else but into the seabed when the rode pressure is applied. "

Gestation of technically advanced marine products is typically many many years, and all potential users should be grateful that the company has spent nearly seven years in the design process, before deciding to go public with production.

"The Tern Anchor story began in 2006 as a design project to find an effective, simple design for a New Generation Anchor that would outperform the traditional anchors available."

And what a well-crafted set of exclusions on the warranty page !

http://wsdata.com/redirect/2013-01-23/tern-anchor.com

And mightily relieved will we all be to know that the shank of the galvanised version is made of reliable, proven Q620.

So let's get this straight, Grant, old r*c*d*v*st fruit cake, do you have anything, anything at all, to do with the manufacture, or promotion, or selling of this anchor. As Private Eye says, I think we should be told.
    wast the OP involved with another anchor a while ago
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    wast the OP involved with another anchor a while ago
    You referring to Rocna?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    You referring to Rocna?
    Cant remember as i couldnt afford one anyway & some were poorly made in China.
    I`m considering a Fortress & they are still manufactured in the USA
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    I`m considering a Fortress & they are still manufactured in the USA
    I've just bought a Fortress

Quote Originally Posted by GrantKing View Post
    I like the publicity bar at the top : "Reuseable anchors". Those should be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    I've just bought a Fortress

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast