Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ferry Inn booked

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ferryinnrestaurant-weymouth.co.uk>Details of the Ferry Inn</A>

The Ship Inn wo'nt accept bookings, apparently they make more money from smaller faster moving groups. After ringing a few places The Ferry Inn is happy to accept us, I'll phone them on the Wed when we'll know the weather and have a better idea of numbers. Steve will send me a menu so we can give him an idea of what we want. He also says that he'll do fresh crab and fishy things that he can buy from the fish quay. He's an ex power boater who has converted to the light and wishes to buy a sailing yacht to cross the atlantic so is quite keen to tap into the collective experience of the forum.

<hr width=100% size=1>I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha
    Jings, bit hot today innit!

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

Default Re: Ferry Inn booked

Looks good to me, Jimi. Nice menu - I will have all of that, please!

When it comes to cooking the steak, just whip off its horns and wipe its a*$e and it will be fine.

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm average size, Its just that everybody else is short.
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

duncan is offline Registered User

I trust the 'traditional steak and kidney pie' is Fray Bentos?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Thanks for your efforts, will await further instructions, standing by on 16. (I've always wanted to say that).

<hr width=100% size=1>

No sure how authentic the "Cajum chicken"(sic) is either!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Default Re: Off the hoof

There’s nothing like a nice big juicy bit of rump [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1>

You moanin' Zeffie? See if ye can dae any better!

<hr width=100% size=1>I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha
    Jings, bit hot today innit!

I ate in the Ferry Inn once..............about 6 or 7 years ago. Not been back since. Ha sit changed hands, cos last time I found it bloody awful. and thats coming from someone that goes to the caf' for his morning fry up by a woman called Rita...I kid you not!

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

There's always one, isn't there !!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

From my experience, you can agonise over a suitable location, with reasonable food at reasonable prices, who are happy to accept a booking for an unknown number who will have already been drinking before they arrive. Its made harder when you don't know all the people who say they are going to turn up.

Time is ebbing away, so you bite the bullet and make a decision, then some bugger says "I don't like that place!"

Can't say I've had the added complication of my own transport being out of service 2 weeks before the event though.

I don't know the Ferry Inn myself so Barry could well be right, but hopefully after 7 years it will have improved, and they have already indicated they will be keen to please us.

Stick to your guns, Jimi, Once the beer and wine has taken effect, everything will be alright on the night!

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm average size, Its just that everybody else is short.
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Default Re: Moanin\' minnie

Moi? Sure it'll be fine... :-)

<hr width=100% size=1>