Thread: Another Newbie

Default Another Newbie

Hi there,

Although new to this forum I have very fond memories of the River and all her inhabitants. I decided to join because I saw some very lovely posts regarding my parents Fay and Jim Andrews of Cookham Lock (in a different lifetime!) For those of you who may remember me I am Rachel. I am hoping that some of you may introduce yourselves and share any memories that you may have of my mum and dad so that I can put them together for my mum's 80th. Any takers????????

Well, I'll say hello and welcome if nobody else does!

I remember you well Rachel. I remember when you were about 14 you came came storming up to your Dad who was sitting yakking with me over a well earned tipple and very authoritatively wagging you finger at him and telling him to get himself inside as his Tea was on the table. Like a lamb Jim got up, made sure you weren't looking, shrugged at me with a sad expression and toddled off. I told the story for years how big bad Jim was humbled by a scrap of a girl.

I've been around long enough that I must have known them although I can't quite put faces to names just now.

Welcome to the forum

I remember you and your dad.
    When I had my first boat I went through after hours and next time I saw him he told me to leave the lock empty next time.
    He told me off but he has a twinkle in his eye so I knew it was a friendly reminder.
    Happy Days

Default Re: Another Newbie

Hi I remember you. Your dad and mum we used have cup of tea with your dad in the kitchen and get warm from the Ray burn. Find memories are time working on the island and supplying you dad with wood to burn. I rember the party you had when you mum and dad went to Australia and the car hanging over the wier etc. Rember your dad using the tractor when the island got flooded by the way my name is Mark brown and my dad is John