Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mad_boater View Post
    Wireless CCTV + HH VHF ?
    HH VHF is no good because you need both hands free - it just wouldn't be used
    CCTV is just one way

As I say, you have to try these simple to use headsets to see just how useful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbican View Post
    Very interesting thanks for posting I have been mulling over this issue for anchoring more safely/less arguments - I looked at the sena website and the ones in the Panbo report are 189Euro per pair so........
    Yep - until recently - thats as far as I got.

I have been using Plantronics Voyager headsets on board whichn are basically telephone headsets. They work tremensously well, the only issue being in a lock whereby the boat drops below ground level height and the signal is weakened. Less affected by wind than other headsets and with clear tones. It is best to keep your phone in your pocket for best signal transmission. You can speak at normal tone and be clearly understood, a godsend when you cant see each other and berthing. They are about £65 pounds each but worth the money, in fact we feel as though something is missing when berthing if not wearing them. Takes away the trepedation of not knowing if she is on the boat or off. Highly recommended.
    All you do is pair the haedset to each phone after callibration via a laptop, to select language etc. Switch on to link headset to your phone, make a moble telephone call to your partner and leave connected as long as necessary. Worth every penny to keep safe. There is a funny side too, if your phones are still connected and your partner is talking to another person on the pontoon you can hear the conversation. Oh the lies that come out, good fun.

Another option might be something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Sets-80...item43bd5e685f

with a replacement headset.

This is not a "neat" in that there is a separate box and headset, but it achieves something similar without any DIY

We've been using our iPhones and wireless bluetooth headphones for the last year...very effective and of course, no bluetooth range issues. Would be a problem if we were to arrive in a port with no cell coverage but that has not happened as of yet....
    Like the idea of a boom mic but we have not found that we have needed to adapt our solution any further....
    Three's free to roam is a revelation in terms of data/voice charging abroad...I assume that other providers have or will have to adapt accordingly...

I regret to say that I find this very dangerous.
    Broadcasting on here that you can hear SWMBO with crystal clarity removes all possibility that you can blame her for your screw ups.
    Very dangerous indeed, IMHO
    Next she will be recording it and then you are truly in the sh*te.
    Best to build in some loose screw latency that can be called upon when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    HH VHF is no good because you need both hands free - it just wouldn't be used
    You can get voice-activated headsets for VHF, so still hands free. Simplex only though, so might not be quite as convenient if your conversation becomes "intense"

Also of course you will be broadcasting proceedings to all and sundry

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Another option might be something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Sets-80...item43bd5e685f

with a replacement headset.

This is not a "neat" in that there is a separate box and headset, but it achieves something similar without any DIY
    Yep - similar idea but I'm not sure about how they would fit on your head
    Right idea though - duplex communications etc.

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    You can get voice-activated headsets for VHF, so still hands free. Simplex only though, so might not be quite as convenient if your conversation becomes "intense"

Also of course you will be broadcasting proceedings to all and sundry

Pete
    Yep - any of those points you make - make it unusable IMO
    You need full duplex
    And handsfree
    And it MUST be really easy to use - or it will just end up in the bin

Once on your head, it is just like talking to someone beside you.

Hi,

Looks like there is a few solutions here;

http://www.seadogboatingsolutions.co...g_Headset.html

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast