Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

Default Re: Does anyone know about Scanmar 33?

Have you asked the current owner? They usually know more, usually learnt from the previous owner. Also check old Bills of Sale as they will also indicate where she was bought from.
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Isn't that what DJE of this parish has now?

Have not asked. Have not spoken to the current owner as all communications have been through broker but hopefully we will get some documentation when the sale is complete next week.
    Looking forward to next spring now I must say. It will be great to get out again after four years away in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Denek View Post
    Looking forward to next spring now I must say. It will be great to get out again after four years away in the USA.
    What were you locked up for?
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Back in the late 80s-90s one used to sit near our Sigma 33 in Carrickfergus Marina, early season the various UK police forces ran a week long inter force championship at different venues for which they chartered Sigma OOODs, used to get nearly enough to pay for a new sail, the local Our You See took the Scanmar with its policeman owner and cleaned up, there was no handicap system. So even allowing for the advantage of familiarity they must be reasonably quick.

Three years😊
    Over there for work. We had a blast.
    We sailed a GP 14 over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Back in the late 80s-90s one used to sit near our Sigma 33 in Carrickfergus Marina, early season the various UK police forces ran a week long inter force championship at different venues for which they chartered Sigma OOODs, used to get nearly enough to pay for a new sail, the local Our You See took the Scanmar with its policeman owner and cleaned up, there was no handicap system. So even allowing for the advantage of familiarity they must be reasonably quick.

I seem to recall that many years ago one of the editorial staff of YM had one and sailed it in the Azores and back race or something similar. He was very positive about the boat rating it as better than a Westerly Fulmar, which, as you may be aware, is a very good boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobc View Post
    Isn't that what DJE of this parish has now?
    Not quite Bob; I have a Scanyacht 391. There are definite similarities and the Scanyacht designer worked for Scanmar before setting up with Scanyacht. This is translated from the Scanyacht web site. (They call them Scanners in Europe and Scanyachts in the UK.)

Scanyacht started its operations in 1987 and today builds Scanners 391, 392 and Scanner 361. The boats were designed by Nils-Eric Olofsson, who operated Scanmar Boats AB during the period 1974-1986 when more than 1,000 Scanmar boats left the AB Bröderna Börjesson in Bjästa production.
    ۞

I have been a contented Scanmar 33 owner since 2005. Happy to try to answer any questions about the design. Cannot guarantee objectivity!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast