Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Does anyone know about Scanmar 33?

Having owned a Scanmar for eleven months my qualification to comment is limited and as I have a Scanmar 40 there is a further limitation however having sailed over 1400 nm during the Summer I am in no doubt that they sail exceedingly well and are strong safe boats.
    I doubt if the OP would regret purchasing one.

We take ownership this Friday and I am really looking forward to becoming a Scanmar owner. I am sure there will be questions and I have indeed already started posting ( thanks for the replies). The current owner is meeting us for a hand over which will be very helpful.
    All I need to do now is sell my house to downsize and move closer to the boat and retire so that I can spend plenty of time sailing. Housing market is very slow though.

Congratulations. Where do you want to move to?

Best of luck with your new Scanmar. They are a good boat and I am sure you will enjoy her.

We are actually fairly open minded as far as moving goes. We have been looking tentatively at places along the east coast of Suffolk and Essex not necessarily right on the coast but within half hour or so. The plan is to sell this place and then take some time to find a house. We actually have rather enjoyed fixing up this house which was trashed by a tenant whilst we were living in the states for three years so we may buy something that needs work.
    We plan to spend longish periods in the summer on the boat though. Mind you selling this place at the moment could prove to be a long process with the uncertainty of next year.
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-67462873.html anybody interestedly?

Very nice, especially once it has the garage added.
    You could find a good place on the west of Scotland with sea view near moorings where you would want to spend the Summer afloat for less.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234