Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: RLM Marine Ltd. Info/history help

Hi All,

I live on a RLM called ilona,,,,when im back in the uk in north devon,
    I think its an RLM anyway
    The old owner spent around 6k and a lot of that on
    the interior etc, The most amazing tilies and mirrors all around in the bathroom,
    All new beach wood kitchen and oak doors,,,,,very glam indeed,,,,,Oh and dimmable low lighting.
    Colin
    A little bling but very homely.
    Last edited by Artic Warrior; 21-11-15 at 20:53.

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryman View Post
    Hi the RLM and Marine projects were based on the Senior marine hull built at Kemps Quay in Southampton.
    I have all the sales and brochures for these and Im based in the laminating shed where they were built.

Nothing on the RLM though but info on the Senior models

I wondered of there is any information on a Senior 28ft version?, as that is the one I have, the aft Deck is longer than the standard Senior 26 to hold a Large Fuel Tank.

Mine must had been designed as a Work Boat as it has a Towing Bollard and the single 6 Cylinder Leyland Engine turns a Hydraulic Pump and has two Hydraulic Drive Shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Boat Man View Post
    I wondered of there is any information on a Senior 28ft version?, as that is the one I have, the aft Deck is longer than the standard Senior 26 to hold a Large Fuel Tank.

Mine must had been designed as a Work Boat as it has a Towing Bollard and the single 6 Cylinder Leyland Engine turns a Hydraulic Pump and has two Hydraulic Drive Shafts.
    I have just looked through the information I have on Senior Marine Boats and the catalogue I have does not mention a 28ft version. There was the 26, 31 and 32. However the Hull was used by various manufactures that made their own modifications. A couple of those are Project Marine later to become Princess and RLM Marine. There may of course be others, I would upload the catalogue/ brochure have but I haven't worked out how to upload a file to this site yet.

Baz

I have just joined ybw after finding a RLM 33 for sale, a manufacturer I have never come across. It has twin Leylands which slightly worries me at the moment though I confess I haven't spoken to the owner yet. My experience of sea-cooled engines is not good. My last boat was a Moody 30 and eventually the engine innards just rotted away. Managed to find a replacement though but that's another story. I find the RLM that I've seen pics of looks pretty cool and I'm a sucker for nostalgia sadly. I also need a project at the moment. I will try and have a physical look at the boat in the coming days, Great read this thread though. I only found it because I did a web- search.

Ahoy !
    Nothing wrong with Leylands ! Sounds as if they are late refitted 'BMC 1.8s' ? In which case they will be in good nick and should have the correct raw water pumps and heat exchangers ! Your previous experience would be due to passing cold sea water through the Iron castings of an otherwise splendid piece of precision engineering and waiting for it to fall apart. Strange ! Pics would help ?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Fromagegrande View Post
    I have just joined ybw after finding a RLM 33 for sale, a manufacturer I have never come across. It has twin Leylands which slightly worries me at the moment though I confess I haven't spoken to the owner yet. My experience of sea-cooled engines is not good. My last boat was a Moody 30 and eventually the engine innards just rotted away. Managed to find a replacement though but that's another story. I find the RLM that I've seen pics of looks pretty cool and I'm a sucker for nostalgia sadly. I also need a project at the moment. I will try and have a physical look at the boat in the coming days, Great read this thread though. I only found it because I did a web- search.

Love to see the pics.

I have pics of the old Volvo MD11 and maybe I’ll recite my strange tale of replacing it. We managed to get the Moody from Eastbourne to the south east coast of Spain where we had purchased a berth some years before when we had a Bayliner
    Sadly my wife became ill and we found we couldn’t really travel to Spain. However I’d discovered on pretty much my last but one trip that the engine was pretty much useless. I tracked down over the next six months a spare in Devon. A Moody owner there had a number of MD11s - he knew they failed and he knew they were rare. So I got one off him for £250. A bargain. Picked it up in my old Discovery and drove it to Spain. My mate had sourced a mechanic called Jose to fit it. I agreed a price and drove back to the UK. I then got a ‘ransom’ demand from Jose. Pay up or I lose the engine. I sent 300 Euro’s via my mate and he picked it up from behind a warehouse at nighttime
    Got it fitted by a proper chap a month later for 1000 Euro’s. Then sold the Moody. At a loss. Sad.

This is just a quickie if you don't mind: I'm having a conversation at the mo with a haulage chap who wants to know the weight of a RLM 31 Bahama with twin Perkins. I'm thinking of making an offer on one but I need to cost the move. Hope I'm not being cheeky.

I think the Bahama is 7500lbs with LOA 28' ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast