Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Beneteau Antares 30 questions

I had a good look over the new Antares 30 on display at SIBS, it seems the finish on the wood has improved and I'm sure the headroom in forward cabin has increased very slightly as I could stand without creek in neck at 6'4". The bed in forward cabin was much larger than I expected, easily big enough for me to stretch out.

To those who own one, is the black tank in your lazzarette? I can't see the tank in this video review at 2:35 and he comments on the big lazarette which seems to be half used by the tank!

How many 240V outlets does the Shore power provide, I spotted one in the above the dinette and one in the forward cabin?

If things go to plan I'll be ordering early next year for delivery around June 2014.

Anders

Last edited by Forum Admin Team; 18-05-15 at 18:13. Reason: Edit title at OP's request

Have you looked into access to the engine for daily checks? It was a big downer for me when I seriously looked at and trialled an Antares 30 last year.

Do you know which model year you trialled, it looks like they improved engine access by allowing the starboard engine hatch to open first, which means the seating can stay put?

I also spotted the oil dipstick has a service option on the starboard side of the engine, so I was going to pay the Volvo engineer to move it at first service if it makes daily checks easier.

Standard dipstick on port side

Blanking plate to allow starboard dipstick

We have one, 3 years now.Tank in Lazarette is fuel! Can't personally see a problem with checks as you just lift the 1/2 floor section in the saloon & water filters & dipstick (it has 2 One is a small one on this side of the engine -a bit deep & the other does required a bit more furniture movement) as are fuel filters.We have a Yanmar so can't comment regarding D6 fitment. I fitted another plotter on the flybridge,there being provision for it power & space wise, although the cable between the 2 was shall we say an interesting run! Only 2 240v outlets & they are french type! I teed in another double UK in the forward cabin & fitted a TV above them on the bulkhead. OPTION NOW FOR SINGLE/TWIN NOW but we wanted a single to keep costs down, but bow thruster is ESSENTIAL!! PM me if you want a chat.Boat in Essex
    My Friend BEN R.I.P. Never forgotten 4.5.2012

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_P42 View Post
    Anders it would be fab if you resized the pictures to 640 wide

I'm curious about the raw water flow in above picture. Raw water flows left to right (in that picture) thru the black gearbox oil cooler atop the gearbox, then it runs up the convoluted pipe into the main engine exhaust. But it enters the exhaust really close to the turbo, not after an elbow. How does the turbo not get splashed with seawater in that picture?

Won't be going far without a fuel tank!

The 240V system is a bit lacking with two outlets and the cheek fitting French sockets. Can you post a pic of your TV install? I wanted one in the saloon but like the idea of another in forward cabin. Is there room for more than one domestic battery, spec includes 1 x 140ah 12V - how long does that last with TV and fridge running?

Bow thruster on the list and probably stern thruster for some piece of mind if required.

Anders

Yep, stern thruster a definite bonus, I had one fitted after a year of stress! It does rather get affected by the breeze.
    I've got the tv fitted in the cabin. Apparently there was a lot of swearing when Dickies fitted it so definitely get it included when you do the deal, I've got a 19in and it fits perfectly. (Tv:-))

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Anders it would be fab if you resized the pictures to 640 wide

I'm curious about the raw water flow in above picture. Raw water flows left to right (in that picture) thru the black gearbox oil cooler atop the gearbox, then it runs up the convoluted pipe into the main engine exhaust. But it enters the exhaust really close to the turbo, not after an elbow. How does the turbo not get splashed with seawater in that picture?
    640 wide , that would be a small speck on the iPad

Does the water flow in and around the exhaust elbow a bit like a water cooled manifold, then exit around the outer circumference of exhaust elbow exit?

Anders

Ive been on quite a few of these, done quite a few dayskppier courses on them, and been out in some VERY heavy weather.

The dipstick needs handing, its madness that they dont do this as standard. The only other real fault with them is very tall people cant get comfortable at the upper helm.

And as wonky has said they really benefit from a sternthruster. There are few boats I say this about but on this one it is true. The propwash is significant and the thruster makes some tight spots possible, and de stresses others.

They are economical, handle the rough stuff very well indeed and they are a great boat. Spacious and airy inside, good flybridge, good side decks. At that £ and size would be my choice.

But as youre tall you really do need to check youre happy with the upper helm.
    Last edited by Elessar; 19-09-13 at 06:18.

[QUOTE=Anders_P42;4370015]Do you know which model year you trialled, it looks like they improved engine access by allowing the starboard engine hatch to open first, which means the seating can stay put?

I also spotted the oil dipstick has a service option on the starboard side of the engine, so I was going to pay the Volvo engineer to move it at first service if it makes daily checks easier.

It was at last years SIBS, and moving the dipstick was offered as an option. The (earlier) model we trialled did involve a lot of furniture removal.

I was looking at the hardtop (30S), so the fly helm was academic, but I could not easily fit myself behind the wheel at the fly helm.

We ended up getting the Nimbus 335, and have been very pleased with her this season.

Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast