Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    no but there is not nearly enough room on an antares for one.
    Sorry to highjack this thread, but have you ever installed a stern thruster on a single engine Nimbus 320, if so, which model did you fit?

definitely not the same.

max power did a twin prop 45kg f in a 125mm tunnel, sidepower does a 40kgf single prop.

the 40kg f in this range is in a 150mm tunnel. Can't possibly see that fitting as it's tight as it is.

So sidepower it is, and then you have issues with control interfaces or accept non matching joy sticks. That's why I liked maxpower, could fit a double joystick. 2 singles on the fly will look awful dues to lack of space.
    I bet the Sidepower dual control would operate the Quick forward thruster, the manuals show simple switching of +12/24V in the joystick control panel. I'm sure an engineer could figure it out with volt meter and some cable splicing.

Anders

Quote Originally Posted by AllanG View Post
    Sorry to highjack this thread, but have you ever installed a stern thruster on a single engine Nimbus 320, if so, which model did you fit?
    No i haven't.

An SE 40 would do though. Sidepower that is. Largest you can get now in a 125mm tunnel.
    If there is space you could fit an SE60. Quite a bit more ££. But I suppose you will never think "i wish I had a smaller thruster. "

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_P42 View Post
    I bet the Sidepower dual control would operate the Quick forward thruster, the manuals show simple switching of +12/24V in the joystick control panel. I'm sure an engineer could figure it out with volt meter and some cable splicing.

Anders
    Well I wouldn't get into that sort of messing around. Fine on your own boat, but when installing professionally plug and play is the only way. Far too many variables that eat time that a customer would never want to pay for. And if it goes wrong more lost time and warrantee arguments. And the customer comes to me. No thanks!

Well I wouldn't get into that sort of messing around. Fine on your own boat, but when installing professionally plug and play is the only way. Far too many variables that eat time that a customer would never want to pay for. And if it goes wrong more lost time and warrantee arguments. And the customer comes to me. No thanks!
    Fair enough!

I tried accessing the quick website to see if they do stern kits, got a website domain expired error. Their IT chap or webby needs a kick.

Hi Anders,

Here is the pic with the seat modification, sorry about the leg in the photo

IMG_0894[1].jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
    Hi Anders,

Here is the pic with the seat modification, sorry about the leg in the photo

IMG_0894[1].jpg
    Cheers for the pic, nice job. Where and how was it done?

Anders

Hi Anders,
    It was done in Australia but any SS fabricator would be able to do it. It cost me $ 160.00.
    All that needs to be done is put a sliding bevel over the horizontal fibreglass seat and down to where the pivot is, this the angle of both mitred cogs.
    Regards Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
    Hi Anders,
    It was done in Australia but any SS fabricator would be able to do it. It cost me $ 160.00.
    All that needs to be done is put a sliding bevel over the horizontal fibreglass seat and down to where the pivot is, this the angle of both mitred cogs.
    Regards Scott.
    Thanks Scott, I'm going blind...didn't spot you're based in Australia. I'm going to visit boat again at dealers next month, hope they'll allow seat back to be removed so I can judge if this mod will suffice.

Question to all, do you have life rafts? If yes was it a valise? 4 man or 6 man?

Anders

I've been investigating TV installation, I made a mock up to scale of Kogan 24" TV, just about fits in forward cabin. I've e-mailed Kogan to confirm if the TV can handle charging voltage and any voltage spikes you'd expect on a 12V system.

Anders

http://www.kogan.com/uk/buy/24-full-...nput-freeview/

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast