Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

24"? If it fits great, but sounds a bit tight. I'll be on the boat this afternoon so will send a pic of my 19".

Dimensions of 24" Kogan: L57.9 x D3.8 x H37.4cm

If my scale photo is correct, the 24" will go in but tight. I'd appreciate a photo of your install.

Anders

Boat Television.jpg
    Tele is 21" x 13" max. Think it is classed as 22" but not sure.Think its a diagonal measure,which I didn't take.
    Bracket is bolted thru. bulkhead with an amplifier on the inside of the bunk bed room & aerial cable comes thru behind the tele . Haven't yet trunked the power cable but have fitted a double socket o/l in the vanity unit teed into the back of the euro o/l .Power for the amplifier is taken from the water pump in the lazarette, so when I switch off the water, ampl. is also off---so I dont forget! Running the aerial cable is a real pain requiring the removal of the starboard extnl speaker running cable down stbd rear pillar into the laz. across to the port side,down the void port side of the hull into the storage under the bottom bunk & then trunked up the wall to the amp.Required much patience to get from top to bottom !!!!
    Last edited by baldyash; 12-10-13 at 18:07.
    My Friend BEN R.I.P. Never forgotten 4.5.2012

Thanks for the info and pic, looks a good fit. Do the bolts for TV mounting bracket protrude much in guest cabin? I'll check out Hitachi website, forgot they made TV's.

Been researching batteries, what a mine field. Have you replaced your service battery yet? What brand are the oem ones?

Cheers

Boat is only 3 yeara old so original battery.make unknown but is on built in smart charger.tele is mains only, as we only need it in berth.bolts could have domed nuts as a finish but never bothered as 2nd befth is never really used.
    My Friend BEN R.I.P. Never forgotten 4.5.2012

Three years sounds a reasonable life going by battery life comments on here.

I had a reply from Kogan today, they confirmed the TV will need a regulated 12V supply to protect it. Probably easier to run it off mains as I'll have an inverter installed anyway (Victron MultiPlus).

Going down to visit boat at the weekend, weather permitting. Going to remove backrest on Flybridge and closer inspect batteries / electrical systems and engine room. Tingdene based in Windsor, so not far away either.

Anders

Hi Anders,
    I have just taken delivery of mine (August) and I am very pleased with it. There is a small snagging list but that is to be expected on a new boat. I am sure the items on it will be sorted. I have the Seamotion edition with most of the extras available and the Stern thruster is a must. If you do not order any other extras at all I would definately recommend that you get a stern thruster. Being a single shaft it just prop walks to port when going astern as did my Antares 6 before. I keep it on a swinging mooring on Windermere so I will have to fit an inverter and 2 more batteries this winter but apart from this I haven't found any issues apart from the waves slapping on the hull when we are trying to get to sleep. I am thinking of getting something made up (hull nappy I think they are called) to soften the noise. I believe they are good sea boats and I would love to find out but my wife gets seasick, so Windermere it is. I have been shopping araound for 3 years and have looked at Grandezza(excellent finish but sterndrive), Rodman 31(excellent solid build but cabin layout not to my liking and no flybridge), Greenline(nice boat for a lake but not enough berths and no flybridge), Jeanneau NC9(brilliant design but sterndrive) and nearly new Sealine F34(my next favourite but 2 engines and sterndrive). As you can see I wanted to avoid a sterndrive due to maintenance issues and 2 engines were a no no as they are not required on a lake. Hope this helps in your decision. By the way the boat has been admired by many people on the lake due to it's compact dimensions and nice spec for the size.

Dinks, thanks for the comments. I'm going with Seamotion edition, stern thruster is on the list. Which stern thruster did you fit and where did they find space to mount the controls?

Interesting idea with the nappy, as a novice I doubt I'll be sleeping overnight at anchor for a while though. On a related note, I've been researching Anchors and the Rocna anchor seems to score better than Delta in setting and holding, so I might purchase one of these instead of supplied Anchoring / Mooring kit (if it fits bow roller). Kong Anchor Swivel also on the list.

Stu (Wonky) e-mailed these photos of cleats for the swimming platform, they seem a good idea.

Anders

I went to view the boat again today, big thanks to Ian at Tingdene for allowing me to pull apart the boat

Plan was to evaluate space for inverter and additional battery install to allow TV without shore power. I know some will flame me for bothering with TV on board, but I enjoy watching sport and like the idea of a morning fishing with mates then watching F1 at anchor in the afternoon

I'm thinking Victron MultiPlus 12V 1200VA, with built in transfer switch and 240V output for the water heater that's only active when plugged in to shore power. The engine room is the most obvious location, plenty of space although looks like some of the sound dampening material will need to be removed.

I was surprised at size of Green lump, definitely need to sort servicing to starboard to avoid opening up both engine room doors for daily checks.

The batteries were Excide Heavy Expert EE1403 140Ah.

I think second domestic battery could live here, not the best place from centre of gravity perspective but close to inverter and easy to access for replacement. Still researching batteries and unsure if it's worth outlay for an AGM battery or cheap lead acid that gets replaced every year.

My scale mock up was on the money, 24" for forward cabin will go in.

22" for the Saloon

I had a look behind the lower helm through access panel in heads, there's a cut out ready for another Volvo gauge. Perfect because I want a boost gauge installed, i70 instrument also in the mock up. I'd prefer E95 display if it will fit in.

Anders

Hi Anders,
    I am also thinking of getting a Victron but I was thinking of going for the 1600w model and mounting it in the void beneath the helm seat where the battery charger is mounted. I think it should fit on the rear bulkhead there but I haven't tried to crawl in the hole yet!! The Cleats look like a brilliant idea and I will definately fit some if you know where I can get some the same. As far as anchors go I got the one supplied and haven't tried it in anger yet. The Stern Thruster was fitted by Dickies. the Bow thruster is a Maxpower and they were unable to source a matching Maxpower stern thruster at the time so they fitted a more powerfull Sidepower unit. They also exchanged the upper and lower Helm Toggle controls from Maxpower to 2 x Sidepower twin toggle units which are obviously compatible as they control the Maxpower no problem.. They do both work great and I can get the boat into spaces that I would never dream of trying in my last boat (Antares 6). Hope this helps

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast