Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Let me know if it fits, I took this photo at the boat show it looks tight. The bending radius of battery cables in to MultiPlus won't help either.

Stu e-mailed the link to manufacturer, the UK company he ordered from are no more. Looks like there's two versions; stud mount with hidden fasteners or through bolted.

http://shop.acconmarine.com/products...ing-cleat.aspx

It seems Beneteau have changed suppliers on factory fit bow thruster - they now use Quick Nautical. With some luck the Sidepower twin control will be compatible with these.

http://www.quicknauticalequipment.co...6&ms3=30&ctm=0

Anders

You may find that a Brittany Anchor (as I did!) may be the only one that fits & stows on the bow roller.I also provided my own mooring kit as I considered Beneteau wanted an extortionate amount for ropes, fenders & anchor/chain.Immersion has no dedicated on/off switch that's readily accessible.Its on a position on the power distribution as in picture. only. A winter job to provide a dedicated accessible switch. Also the wiper switches have been moved by me as they are immediately above the power switch for the plotter.As generally wipers are used when weather is adverse its all to easy to switch the plotter off when you just dont need to! I drilled 2 holes above the switch bank & there was sufficient slack to move the switches.
    My Friend BEN R.I.P. Never forgotten 4.5.2012

When I stuck my head in the hole with a tape measure i reckon that it will go quite easily outboard so it can be pushed up into the void space to allow for cable bend radius. As I said I have not tried to squeeze into the hole yet so what I am saying could yet turn out to be a load of old rubbish (or I could lose a couple of stone perhaps). I have thrown a tape over the battery compartment also and plan to build a hanging bracket to suspend 2 more 140 Ah batteries and wire them up to the current domestic battery. I reckon they should just about go in there although it will be a tight squeeze and will make topping up the lower batteries impossible without removal of the top two. I could always buy 2 AGM sealed units which I am reliably informed will charge at the same voltage and put them on the bottom and leave the wet ones on top. Whatever happens I will probably give myself a hernia lugging them in and out !!! I didn't realise the Water Heater did not have an accessible on/off switch. I will need to fit one as the heater is 1200w and will flatten a battery in no time !!!! The way I have done my calcs should give me enough power for 3 days without the engine running which will be ample(I run my engines quite a lot when I am on the boat anyway). I also planned on fitting 2 small flexible solar panels on each side onf the anchor light on the radar arch. I hope it will not be too difficult to feed the wires down below through a charge controller and keep the batteries topped up when I am not there. I have a portable 13w panel which I used to leave plugged in on my last boat and it worked a treat. The batteries were always full when I got to the boat at weekends. Nowt worse than starting a weekend with a flat one (fnarr fnarr!!)

Quote Originally Posted by baldyash View Post
    You may find that a Brittany Anchor (as I did!) may be the only one that fits & stows on the bow roller.I also provided my own mooring kit as I considered Beneteau wanted an extortionate amount for ropes, fenders & anchor/chain.Immersion has no dedicated on/off switch that's readily accessible.Its on a position on the power distribution as in picture. only. A winter job to provide a dedicated accessible switch. Also the wiper switches have been moved by me as they are immediately above the power switch for the plotter.As generally wipers are used when weather is adverse its all to easy to switch the plotter off when you just dont need to! I drilled 2 holes above the switch bank & there was sufficient slack to move the switches.
    That's a shame, is it the locking pin that's the problem or general size issue? I had a trawl through Rocna website and found this pic with round locking pin. The anchor doesn't look a perfect fit, but it's on there! How much anchor chain vs rope did you buy?

http://www.rocna.com/kb/File:Pantera_R6_2.jpg

I planned a switch panel like the below, to give individual control AC powered devices. But I thought immersion heater only works connected to shore power?

http://www.power-store.com/view-item...d=1441&id=234&

Immersion does only work on shore power but its a pain having to open the floor section in front of the helm to switch it on/off. I dont like to leave it on all the time we are on board as its a potential hazard & it costs in electricity! I was able to exchange my anchor I purchased, with a Brittany, with my chandlers which was lucky. I bought far to much chain as it was a cut length which is a bit of a nuisance & I cannot remember how long it is. As was the rope. The bow roller is designed for a Brittany as it seems to stow automatically. Switch seems similar to the existing one, but when one is faffing about in a chop,cant see too much I prefer to have my wipers on there own so I don't have to fumble around finding the correct switch

Quote Originally Posted by Dinks66 View Post
    When I stuck my head in the hole with a tape measure i reckon that it will go quite easily outboard so it can be pushed up into the void space to allow for cable bend radius. As I said I have not tried to squeeze into the hole yet so what I am saying could yet turn out to be a load of old rubbish (or I could lose a couple of stone perhaps). I have thrown a tape over the battery compartment also and plan to build a hanging bracket to suspend 2 more 140 Ah batteries and wire them up to the current domestic battery. I reckon they should just about go in there although it will be a tight squeeze and will make topping up the lower batteries impossible without removal of the top two. I could always buy 2 AGM sealed units which I am reliably informed will charge at the same voltage and put them on the bottom and leave the wet ones on top. Whatever happens I will probably give myself a hernia lugging them in and out !!! I didn't realise the Water Heater did not have an accessible on/off switch. I will need to fit one as the heater is 1200w and will flatten a battery in no time !!!! The way I have done my calcs should give me enough power for 3 days without the engine running which will be ample(I run my engines quite a lot when I am on the boat anyway). I also planned on fitting 2 small flexible solar panels on each side onf the anchor light on the radar arch. I hope it will not be too difficult to feed the wires down below through a charge controller and keep the batteries topped up when I am not there. I have a portable 13w panel which I used to leave plugged in on my last boat and it worked a treat. The batteries were always full when I got to the boat at weekends. Nowt worse than starting a weekend with a flat one (fnarr fnarr!!)
    It would be handy in that space, only a matter of moving charging cables to Victron and leave factory Cristec charger for bow thruster? Let me know how it goes.

Immersion does only work on shore power but its a pain having to open the floor section in front of the helm to switch it on/off. I dont like to leave it on all the time we are on board as its a potential hazard & it costs in electricity! I was able to exchange my anchor I purchased, with a Brittany, with my chandlers which was lucky. I bought far to much chain as it was a cut length which is a bit of a nuisance & I cannot remember how long it is. As was the rope. The bow roller is designed for a Brittany as it seems to stow automatically. Switch seems similar to the existing one, but when one is faffing about in a chop,cant see too much I prefer to have my wipers on there own so I don't have to fumble around finding the correct switch
    Makes sense now, thanks.

How much chain is recommended to help anchor set? 10-20m? If I anchor to fish in 15m water I'll need approx 90m total, how do I choose chain vs rope length?

Smile Wiring diagram for the 240v circuit

Hi Baldyash, I don't suppose you have a basic diagram of the 240 v side of things by any chance. The Beneteau book only has the 12v diagrams in and just a few photos of the 240v distribution boxes. I was wondering what the switches supply?? Does the Microwave come off the same circuit as the 240v sockets. Does the Immersion have it's own individual breaker under the helm or is it on the same circuit as the Battery charger? I need to find out one way or another as I will be wiring my inverter to supply everything apart from the Battery charger but will want to isolate the immersion most of the time. The fewer switches/extra wiring the better. Cheers in advance !!

I have just got back from a VERY noisy & windy night on the boat. Please to say everything is OK.I have the boat instruction & circuit diagrams but they are on the boat! Not sure if that is what you have. Its a A4 book about 20mm thick telling one how everything works & has all the electrical diagrams in the back. Not please to report that my battery charger had failed & discharged the house battery (fridge was on). Ran the engine to recharge.Fuse had melted in the charger. Easy to replace but why had it melted!!!. I will replace the fuse next visit & keep a VERY close watch, otherwise its a new unit!!!!!! . It has been on for 3 years mind you!!!!!!!! Its a dolphin make.Immersion is on its own trip in front off the helm & the other trip does all the other outlets I believe.(and the battery charger).Do you actually have your boat yet?--Not sure from the thread.

Dinks has a boat, I'm ordering mine in Jan/Feb for delivery June next year.

Edited: have you checked the supplied fuse is correct rating? Seen it before where wrong fuse has been fitted. I'd speak with manufacturer of charger because it doesn't sound right if correct fuse was fitted, too much power going through it.
    Last edited by Anders_P42; 28-10-13 at 18:33.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast