Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

On ours the chain also piles up beneath the windlass within the chain locker.I had initially asked why there was no remote for the winch at the helm, & it was suggested that it is potentially a problem as you can't see what's happening to the anchor & chain. This has proved correct as I always have to move the chain around wiching in (& out sometime!) It is a bit of a pain!.Maybe I have too much chain!!!!!!----10mm bye the way I think. Jimmy green splice---bye my good self I'll add!!!
    My Friend BEN R.I.P. Never forgotten 4.5.2012

Hi all,

I was looking to mount a 19"TV in the saloon area in the same position Anders proposes. What type of VESA bracket is best? as I want to leave the TV there all the time while cruising etc and if possible salt air friendly.

Thanks Scott

I've got one there (19in+DVD) and I've got mine on an extendable bracket. To be honest, although it is better for viewing I would still go for a normal flat one position type as on mine I've had to add a "spider/bungee" to stop it flying around mid trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
    Hi Anders,

The jamming was occurring when the chain was piling up under the windlass, and not allowing any more chain through the windlass.
    Are you considering the Seamotion model and what options are you looking at?

Regards Scott
    I see, the Quick windlass manual states 40cm clearance between base of windlass and top of chain coil in rode locker. Has your set up got enough clearance?

Yes going for Seamotion, spec so far

Seamotion edition
    Webasto diesel heating
    Webasto thermo call TS3
    Stern thruster
    Anchor chain counter
    Volvo trip software (surprised they charge for this given their concern for the environment).
    Sea water deck wash pump
    Electronic toilets
    Tek Dek (or similar) flooring in cockpit and transom (possibly flybridge too)
    Teak cockpit table with countersunk pedestal mount
    QuicKutter prop rope cutter
    Raymarine RD418HD Radar
    Ray260 dual station VHF
    Raymarine E95 on lower helm and flybridge
    Raymarine i70 on lower helm and flybridge
    Turbo boost gauge on lower helm
    Raymarine CP100 DownVision Fish finder with CPT-110 Plastic Transducer
    Raymarine AIS650 Class B Transceiver
    Victron MultiPlus 12V 1200VA inverter with 50A charger
    Phoenix Multi Digital Control
    Victron Battery Monitor BMV600-S
    2nd domestic battery, not sure batteries will be all AGM or 2 x oem batteries
    AC switch panel
    Rocna 15KG anchor, 20m chain, 50m rope
    Kong anchor swivel
    Polyform fenders (F2 size?)
    2 x Nawa Fender Baskets set
    Dry matt Anti mould bedding layer
    Raymarine 37STV Satellite TV System
    Sky TV box
    24" Kogan TV in Saloon
    22" Kogan TV in forward cabin
    ScanStrut Compact Dual PowerTower (DPT-SR1-30)
    3G router for Internet
    CCTV camera, accessed via 3G Internet

Plus safety kit and selection of tools

Anders

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
    Hi all,

I was looking to mount a 19"TV in the saloon area in the same position Anders proposes. What type of VESA bracket is best? as I want to leave the TV there all the time while cruising etc and if possible salt air friendly.

Thanks Scott
    I found this one. What type of screws have people used to mount their brackets?

http://www.avtex.co.uk/accessories/sv7-0.html

Anders

Hi Anders,
    That is quite an options list you have there, I notice tabs are not included? I do not have tabs on mine, but see where they would be good when the boat is on the plane and the boat could be levelled due to uneven weight distribution(Persons).
    With the anchor locker I have about 20cm under the windlass to the top of the pile of chain, I have the rope pulled to one side and have never had the rope out anchoring.
    Regards Scott

Hi Scott,

Well spotted, I have tabs on the Excel doc but missed them during copy and paste. Also missed the transom mooring cleats from earlier in thread.

When it jams is it laying out chain, or winding in? Wonder if its lack of room under windlass causing jams...

Hi Anders,
    I would almost say certainly the jamming is from lack of room under the windlass, when it does the chain is piled up right up underneath it. It jammed mainly winding in, but occasionally winding out. But now I only have 20m of chain under it and the rope is to the side it seems OK, but I would think if I let some of the rope out as well and then that would be under the chain when retrieved I may have a problem. I do not see why Beneteau did not mount the windlass on deck like most others?

Any idea how much rope would fit in the anchor locker? I've for no idea what 50m rope looks like, but perhaps best going for slightly less chain and a few more metres rope?

Anders

Hi Anders,

I have 20m, I doubt 50 m would fit , the dealer and I found that the chain packed in better - I don't know if the rope jambs, but you would need quite a bit of chain anyway.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast