Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

I was reading on here somewhere that someone had an issue with the flybridge drain blocking causing a head of water to build up on the flybridge which cascaded down when the perspex hatch wa lifted. Can anyone spread any light on this as it has happened on mine and caused severe water damage by leaking in through one/some/all the hull fittings/unsealed screw holes on the flybridge.

Has happened on mine once in 3 years.Apart from getting wet I had no damage. Drain blocked so I just keep an eye on it now but it has never blocked since.
    My Friend BEN R.I.P. Never forgotten 4.5.2012

Quote Originally Posted by baldyash View Post
    Has happened on mine once in 3 years.Apart from getting wet I had no damage. Drain blocked so I just keep an eye on it now but it has never blocked since.
    Thanks for the info Baldyash. Can you remember how deep the water was on the Flybridge ????

2-3 inches I think but it was a while ago mind you! It did cover the hatch I remember--I got wet!
    My Friend BEN R.I.P. Never forgotten 4.5.2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
    Hi Anders,

I have 20m, I doubt 50 m would fit , the dealer and I found that the chain packed in better - I don't know if the rope jambs, but you would need quite a bit of chain anyway.
    I've been researching chain options, I could ask for the 8mm gypsy on windlass and upgrade to Aqua7 chain, longer chain for the same weight and spec says stronger than 10mm Aqua4 chain.

Aqua4
    http://aquachain.it/pagina/en/12/AQUA-4.aspx

Aqua7
    http://aquachain.it/pagina/en/14/AQUA-7.aspx

Second option would be stainless steel chain, which apparently flows better in anchor locker as it's smoother?

Anders

Quote Originally Posted by Dinks66 View Post
    I was reading on here somewhere that someone had an issue with the flybridge drain blocking causing a head of water to build up on the flybridge which cascaded down when the perspex hatch wa lifted. Can anyone spread any light on this as it has happened on mine and caused severe water damage by leaking in through one/some/all the hull fittings/unsealed screw holes on the flybridge.
    Sorry to hear this buddy. I might take a drill to my flybridge floor around the hatch as backup drainage, or would leaving the flybrdge hatch open a crack sort this? Seem to remember a lip around the hatch that would allow water to pool even with hatch open?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_P42 View Post
    Sorry to hear this buddy. I might take a drill to my flybridge floor around the hatch as backup drainage, or would leaving the flybrdge hatch open a crack sort this? Seem to remember a lip around the hatch that would allow water to pool even with hatch open?
    When I left the boat I left the hatch ajar and tied it down to one of the ladder treads to avoid a re-occurrence. Very bad design such a small drain hole (and only one).

Quote Originally Posted by Dinks66 View Post
    I assume you guys do not have a flybridge cover, is there a specific reason? Where do you store your flybridge cushions?, just curious.
    Regards Scott

Thanks for all the information re 30 fly

Here's some pics courtesy of Romans8 (Paul), she hits the water end of the week.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast