Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162167168169170171172
Results 1,711 to 1,716 of 1716

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I doubt it, but something else puzzles me, and I definitely don't mean you at all. It is the way some folk routinely attack those who raise questions about the OP's project; often in bizarre and personal terms a bit like Mr Cocker's defence of Britney Spears.

These virtual outriders lay constant claim to the moral high-ground, but an unemotional application of reason suggests otherwise. I have a wonderful, and occasionally bolshie, teenage daughter. Let us assume that in a few years she is attempting something similar to the OP's project and that I was sailing around the world uncontactable for a year.

Is it not self-evident that I should welcome Mr Duck's words of caution? Is it not obvious that I would rather find out that Skipper Stu had caused her to run home in tears, than discover that her adoring fans had waved and chanted "Go ***** go!" as she sailed off into the Irish sea on a possibly dangerous vessel? And who in their right mind would bring age or the standard of dentistry into the decision?

It's likely that the recent bad weather has left many of us with a dose of cabin fever. Oh what a shock the outriders are going to get when they realise it is they who should have been taking the pills!
    I think you will find out that she had ceased communicating long before I said anything, indeed far harsher things had been said before I stuck my head over the parapet.
    Stu
    Last edited by skipper_stu; 26-02-14 at 17:44.

Bit of reality after the amusing stuff.. Three catamarans were being built to roughly the same design in the Algarve. One intrepid owner, who's place was quite close to the sea, bought a cheap truck. Then backed it under the cat, lowered the cat onto the truck and just drove down the beach at low tide. Boat floated off and he sold the damp truck to the scrappy. Not sure how that might help here, but it solved his prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarboroughsloop View Post
    It doesn't matter how you leave Wolverhampton, just leaving is the important bit.
    Hey, I'd come from Milton Keynes. Wolverhampton was a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarboroughsloop View Post
    It doesn't matter how you leave Wolverhampton, just leaving is the important bit.
    It's actually very important how you leave Wolverhampton.

You could end up in Dudley.
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

Elizmor has no call sign registered on the ITU database. What a shame the shipping register can't be searched online.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesailor View Post
    It's actually very important how you leave Wolverhampton.

You could end up in Dudley.
    But then again, you could end up in Bloxwich. More friendly.
    'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com 4th Edition now available......

Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162167168169170171172