Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agenda?

Default Agenda?

Hi all,

I hope this weather stays :-)

If this has been discussed before please tell me "politely" to look else where for the answer. However I have not had the pleasure of a meet like this before SO!

Is there any form of agenda for this event? i.e

Anything going on Friday night?
    Anything going on the Sat daytime?
    What time do we need to be in Mercury on Sat?
    Are we allocated a berth beforehand or wait until we arrive?
    What time do things kick off?
    Is there any form of entertainment? (or just lots of alcohol fuelled conversation?)
    Anything going on Sunday?

Or is it very much go with the flow and what will be will be?

You get the gist!?

Looking forward to it

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm is online now Registered User

Default Re: Agenda as follows

Friday nite
    various people agree to meet various other people either on the mainland or (one or two) on the isle of wight. Only a few of these arrnagements will be kept.

Saturday
    morning
    three of the boats will have problems, but eventually all but one (which is based in mercury so what the heck) will make it out of the harbour.

midday
    a few boats make it over to newtown creek where it chucks it down with rain. I will have a row with the harbour fuhrer if i forget my national trust membership thingy again, or otherwise be a bit smug and make as though i might actually be a bigwig in the national trust and be able to sackim.

Afternoon
    Some half-baked sailing race is orgainsed but without proper judges it's a bit of a fiasco. Somebody who wasn't in the race and said they wouldn't be racing - wins. The powerboats bomb all over the place and wave whilst driving far too close to the sailyboats but nobody likes to say anything.

Sat Evening/ sun am
    The do starts quite early, and goes on very late. Lots of alcohol-fuelled conversation.

sunday am
    Everyone has breakfast and a good poke round everyone else's boat which is quite good fun really. At about 11:55 (while it's still techincally "morning") the visiting boats decide to set of home. Or maybe stay for lunch, not sure.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Default Re: Agenda?

tcm has pretty much covered it. Nothing planned formally for Friday night, though a great booze up was had by several last year. Sat, head for Newton Creek if so inclined, otherwise go straight to Mercury.

Call Mercury on Ch80 when in Hamble, and tell em you are with YBW rally, and your boat name. They will have you on list, and allocate you a berth.

Things will kick off on Sat evening at about 7, with food about 8ish, late bar till 11:30, then carry on boozing on peoples boats until dawn, and which point go to bed for an hour.

Sunday, those so inclined probably head for brunch at the Folly

All pretty informal really, but worked remarkably well last year......so, fingers crossed

<hr width=100% size=1>Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Default Re: Aha - new venue?

Vere iss dis Newton Creek den?

Everybody else thinks it's in.......................

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm is online now Registered User

Default Re: Aha - new venue?

brendan has been saddled with an excellent yet restricted education in the sciences, hence he has subconciously changed Newtown to Newton. Personally, i think we should do away with all these fuddy-duddy olde worlde names and update things a bit. How about "Neutron Creek"?

<hr width=100% size=1>

I am based at Mercury and will be down about 5.00pm on the Friday so i would be happy to welcome any visiting boats who didnt attend last year and brief you on the forth coming shamble sorry events. We could start the festivites early and take over the Oyster Quay bar.

Im located on B14.

If you would like to take advantage of this premier service pm your mobile no. so we can hook up.

<hr width=100% size=1>

duncan is offline Registered User

If you are there that early you can join the Yarmouth party Friday night and have a really short hop to Neutronic Creek Sat morning!

In fact you will proabably get there (Yarmouth) first if last year is anything to go by - although Col's team mumbled something about not hanging around waiting for the stragglers this year (props permitting!).

<hr width=100% size=1>

It's OK Duncan, I've got some spares

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

duncan is offline Registered User

you got ljs diving for spares for you or something?[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1>

( Shhh!! Don't tell any one, but it's my new businees venture............Col's mobile prop museum, entry fee- 1 new Prop)

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>