Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rob2 is offline Registered User

Actually, if you screw the connector through the lid onto the bulkhead you get full access when the body is removed - whilst leaving the lid in place.

Rob.

MarcJ is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rob2 View Post
    Actually, if you screw the connector through the lid onto the bulkhead you get full access when the body is removed - whilst leaving the lid in place.

Rob.
    Yes that was what I was trying to say!

nigelmercier is offline Registered User

Over 1000 here: http://cpc.farnell.com/enclosures_enclosures

The term "project box" is so Maplin
    Nigel
    FREE Bavaria Yacht Forum: www.bavariayacht.info

Quote Originally Posted by lpdsn View Post
    Whilst most are safely hidden away, a few of the terminal blocks on my boat are mounted in quite exposed locations such as inside a locker in the heads, for example. They're of the typical type of blocks with a number of male spade connectors linked together, multiplied by 3, 4 or 6, to which wires with female connectors are attached.

Most of the crew have their wits about them most of the time, but there's one or two that might be described as a bit accident prone. So I'm concerned that someone might throw something metallic in there and short out the 12V system.

I'd really like a box I could fit over the top and screw on to protect the terminal blocks, but I can't find exactly what I want.

A typical electrical junction box would partly fit the bill, but I'd have to remove the terminal block and screw it back on to the bulkhead through the box. On top of that, the box would surround the terminal block after fitting and it'd be a bit cramped getting my fingers in if I have to connect new wires.

Model car display cases have also been suggested, but they still have bases to fit even if the top will come off to give better access.

What I really want is a plastic box open at the base, with lugs that I could use to screw it to the plywood bulkhead. They don't have to be particularly flash, as I'd expect I'll be cutting nicks anyway to provide space for the wires. It isn't an extreme environment in any way.

Any ideas?
    These may be a bit OTT for your requirements but these CE-TEK boxes are very good and come in a huge range of sizes. I think they make cheaper materials as well as the poly-carbonate ones.http://www.ce-tek.co.uk/download/cem.pdf

fisherman is offline Registered User

Screwfix do a box made for the purpose I think.?