Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Grudge : Rules

QSIV has kindly lent me his boat as he wishes to practice rudderless sailing skils and we've arranged a boat swap that weekend. However I do want a favourable handicap as I'll be a bit unfamiliar with the boat and its deep draught ..

<hr width=100% size=1>I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Excellent. In the true spirit of the Grudge, jimi has already got my back up. But, there's no handicapping unless you get a really massive boat, so i have got a *slightly* bigger boat than jimi which of course is pretty much the same as his.

Ooh heck, i have just remebered he has got a massive crusing chute! Bugger bugger bugger. Hopefully it will be an easterly so he'll be knackered. I thinnk he could get a massive advantage from the crusing chute - especially if he dumps it in the back of the car before leaving Hythe to save weight cos it was rubbish at making his boat go faster...

<hr width=100% size=1>

As this is a grudge match, I presume there are no rules about small fast boats running interference on the racers. You know sort of thing, dash ahead. stop and block, throw a bit of anchor chain over bow to avoid col reg issues. After racer has had to tack past obstacle, obstacle immediately ups and does it all over again!

or if not much wind on day, repeated heavy wash to slow em down!

Bribes and back handers now being accepted

<hr width=100% size=1>Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Yep, no problem at all.

Though note that the red mist will be swirling and ESPECIALLY note that ours is a rental boat and instead of the massive £1000 damage deposit i have paid 80 quid extra for the special "It's fine if you crash" collision damage excess waiver waiver.

Otherwsie, i plan do take a short course in minesweeping and sling up the appropriate day marks which will win me 1000 yards advantage from the start.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Who else is playing your grudge game/race thing?

Claire

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ybw.com/cgi-bin/forums/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=wanted>Stuff Wanted </A>

On the same basis I presume there will be no rules against my smashing my anchor through your transom, oops by mistake of course. Shame my insurance isn't paid up. Never mind its only a scratch. A bit of polish & no one will notice.

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

oh oh - 'playing' ????? that should get them going!

<hr width=100% size=1>madesco madidum ....[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

There are so many scratches on my boat now, that I'd never be able to tell which one was caused by your anchor. Very kind of you to donate it by the way, I needed a larger one for when I go to the Scillies! What sort and what weight??

<hr width=100% size=1>Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

so far the entrants are jimi and bigmart, or is it bigmick? anyway somebody quite big. plus brendan making even more trouble than we will make ourselves, spect if brendan had a helicopter he wd use that for crissakes.

<hr width=100% size=1>

TCM, I am saddened that the quality of the opposition has caused you to withdraw .. I would'nt worry about BigMart, he's just got a wee yin.

<hr width=100% size=1>I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast