Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wee Maid???

Default Wee Maid???

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to track down a boat named wee maid, my dad Stephen Rea and his dad Alan Rea built it in their garden and it was first kept in the 1980's in Hull Marina it took them 6 years to build her, very sadly my dad passed away suddenly 3 weeks ago, I would love to know where wee maid is kept now and be able show my grandad a recent photo if possible, many thanks in advance

Default Re: Wee Maid???

Hi. I am viewing this craft saturday. I can take some pics of that's of any help

Kind offer, Keith, but that thread is nearly six years old.

It might work if you send a PM.and post the pictures here as well.

I remember Wee Maid in Hull and often wondered what happened to it. If I remember correctly it was painted in a green colour then and I was berthed a few boats away. We were both just into boating and we often had a chat Please post photos if you can.

hi croftie, i had a long txt conversation last night with the owner and he informed me it has not been out of the water for 9 years, can i try and rack your brains a bit?? was she sheathed when you remember her, it still has a green hull and white super structure, i will get some pics tomorrow when viewing, 9 years is a long time to be sitting without cleaning and antifouling, am keeping my fingers crossed that its not the sheath thats keeping it together

thankyou, i will try that,

Hi Keith, wow thank you so much for replying to my message, it would mean so much to much me and my grandma to see photos of her, my grandad passed away last year. Please could you email them to me lhague1983@hotmail.co.uk thank you so much

no problem at all,

Quote Originally Posted by keith gibson View Post
    hi croftie, i had a long txt conversation last night with the owner and he informed me it has not been out of the water for 9 years, can i try and rack your brains a bit?? was she sheathed when you remember her, it still has a green hull and white super structure, i will get some pics tomorrow when viewing, 9 years is a long time to be sitting without cleaning and antifouling, am keeping my fingers crossed that its not the sheath thats keeping it together
    Hi

Ok from memory she was launched 1987/8. I did my VHF in 1986 (just checked the date, I still have the cert) when I got my first boat then a year or so later bought a Fairline Fury and it was when I had the Fairline that Wee Maid was put into the water. I think I actually saw it before launch when it was very near completion in the garden!! Steve and his dad were very proud of her and rightly so. It had been built to a very high standard and looked great, I was jealous..

I am certain at that time is was not sheathed but obviously could have been since, from memory the hull was marine ply heavily built and well paint protected.

Let is know how you get on and pictures would be welcome if possible to bring back fond memories of that time. Hull marina had only opened a few years previous so there was great a camaraderie between neighbors.

Hi Croftie, I am Steve’s daughter thank you for your kind comments, it means such a lot to me and my grandma, I have been today and told her the news that I have tracked Wee Maid down and she is over the moon. Wee Maid was their pride and joy and my grandad always wondered what become of her, my grandma couldn’t believe she is still on the go, it was 4th May 1986 that she was launched at Hull Marina. I am sure my grandma would remember you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast