Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wee Maid???

Default Re: Wee Maid???

Wow today I became the owner of wee maid. She is in a bit of a sorry state with rotten decks and sheath that is adrift. She is not taking on water through the hull. I had her running too and she sounded beautiful we intend moving her to lift out at felixstowe ferry to begin the restoration. She will be photographed throughout the process. I do have a few pics which I will add on here when I find out how to do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by keith gibson View Post
    Wow today I became the owner of wee maid. She is in a bit of a sorry state with rotten decks and sheath that is adrift. She is not taking on water through the hull. I had her running too and she sounded beautiful we intend moving her to lift out at felixstowe ferry to begin the restoration. She will be photographed throughout the process. I do have a few pics which I will add on here when I find out how to do it lol
    Great news I look forward to seeing pics, restore threads are always welcome on here so please continue to post developments as and when you can. I am sure Lhague83 and her grandma will be so pleased that Wee Maid survives and you are going to try to save her.

Last edited by keith gibson; 17-08-19 at 16:04.

I have not taken any pics of the seriously bad bits as I don't want to upset ms hague or her grandma,
    but I am excited to be moving her under her own steam from her present mooring to her new home, obviously I will be videoing it and sharing,
    keith

Wow Keith , what a cracker you got there. Wood aswel in places as i like it, always needs a good amount of wood on a boat of class

If i could help out with the pics i would advice but not a clue on tech stuff. BUT, on faffing on boats for a while which i just love to do and can turn my hand to most things that i want to, if you need any help just give a shout, not a pro but luv it . I am sure you will manage the same if you have a bit of DIY skills.

You soo need to get a build blog going. i am about to start a new refurb in another thread as soon a si get it to its home mooring next month. Doing this helps yourself look back and crack on when ties get iffy, which they do, i can tell you that for sure lol.

Get more pics asap

Good luck

Admiral Faffer

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    Wow Keith , what a cracker you got there. Wood aswel in places as i like it, always needs a good amount of wood on a boat of class

If i could help out with the pics i would advice but not a clue on tech stuff. BUT, on faffing on boats for a while which i just love to do and can turn my hand to most things that i want to, if you need any help just give a shout, not a pro but luv it . I am sure you will manage the same if you have a bit of DIY skills.

You soo need to get a build blog going. i am about to start a new refurb in another thread as soon a si get it to its home mooring next month. Doing this helps yourself look back and crack on when ties get iffy, which they do, i can tell you that for sure lol.

Get more pics asap

Good luck

Admiral Faffer
    Thankyou for the offer squire my main concern is getting her round and ensuring she is water tight above the waterline. Below looks really good from what I can see. Had a fair few boats in my time and never had one surveyed although I am not buying expensive ones I must admit. But the minute I saw the photo of this girl I was determined she would be mine. I will bare your offer in mind. Thankyou
    Keith

I am not sure she is the same boat, but I remember seeing a very similar boat with same name and colour Hull in a mooring in Brundle, Norfolk boards. This would have been around 1999/2000. She was owned by a guy called Paul and she was keep in immaculate condition.

Quote Originally Posted by ARE View Post
    I am not sure she is the same boat, but I remember seeing a very similar boat with same name and colour Hull in a mooring in Brundle, Norfolk boards. This would have been around 1999/2000. She was owned by a guy called Paul and she was keep in immaculate condition.
    It is the boat. Unfortunately the previous owner has just turned 80 years young and not been too well. It has not had the love and care it required so has become a ceive on all cabin roofs and also the deck. 1 side panel has rotted through and not been addressed so it's become a damp interior which is all fixable with time and money.
    She will make a beautiful craft once completed. The exterior colour will remain the same but the interior will change into a light airy spacious design with most original panels being used as templates.
    The excitement on hearing her fire up yesterday words cannot explain. Just looking at her interior you can see she has been well thought out.

I would have her surveyed and a good sea trial before venturing on a long passage , ps is she diesel or petrol, but good luck and well done for taking on a project.

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    I would have her surveyed and a good sea trial before venturing on a long passage , ps is she diesel or petrol, but good luck and well done for taking on a project.
    Hi. She is a diesel. Runs on not bothered with a survey to be honest as a survey would cost more than the boat lol. We have a hard full of shipwrights so not really concerned. At the price I paid i could get that back on the davitts lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast