Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creche?

Default Creche?

Totally new to this kids thing, but we have 25 odd kids coming to the meet, between 4 and 16. so would this work. We have two marquees, one to gather, one to serve food and bar.

We could cordon off one end of the meet marquee, and keep the kids (not expecting the 16 year olds to be interested in this unless we bribe them to babysit!?) in a creche type environment with things to do, and maybe rotate parents or bribed teenagers to look after them?. Anyone interested? Doable? What does everyone else do with 8 and 12 year olds? eek!?

Like I said, all new to me

<hr width=100% size=1>Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Default Re: Creche?

Fine idea, Brendan. We carry a playstation aboard, as do others, so if need be, we could set up TV/playstations to keep the buggers occupied. Our two will generally keep themselves amused, particularly as they will be with other kids they know well.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/graham.wignall/boats/eulimene600x800.jpg>The old and the new</A>
    The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, and is not preceded by a period of worry and doubt.
    <span style="color:blue">
    Nereid Charter
    </span>

erm, you could plonk kids at one end, tho the idea of "babysitting" a few dozen may not work or be entirely possible. A whole bunch of them will babysit each other anyway, and/or parents with a lot of small kids will likely hang about near that end. I mean, babysitting means powers of telling them to stop flinging food about or else, whereas if mum is nearby, small wretch will run off there anyway.

Note that dreadful rubbish parents like me will probly not really know where their kids are, and/or are relying on the kids to help them stagger home, sort the boat out and hopefully in 1 year and 11months go on a driving course so they can drive the car as well. So er probably they'll help out with the creche thing mebbe....

<hr width=100% size=1>

If you think that once they have the freedom of a car licence, that all your cares are over, you have a nasty shock coming [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Furthermore, they have only just (in comparative terms) started to cost you money[img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1>
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

nah ...... can't stand kids !!!

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery2>Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

Could bring lcd projector and computer, and play DVD films if anyone has a portable screen? Must find out about powerpoints. Anyone got mega long extension leads?

<hr width=100% size=1>Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Should I bring my DVDs ???

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery2>Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

Kiddies Pauline, kiddies!!! Not your hot and steamy stuff! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Default Re: dvd etc. - bad idea?

i think it's a bad idea to bring spensive stuff cos it may get wet and/or busted by the short people, and then their parents will feel bad. Spensive lectronix is best in a house or at a pinch in a boat. Also the kids will want to watch the wrong dvd's or will want to watch a different one and there'll be a row, or they'll turn it up too loud, or the adults will start watching if the dvd is any good, and then some kids will have to go to bed and the film won't have finished.

Much better that the kids rampage about a bit, eat crisps, and try to find ways of sneaking under the tent walls. imho.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Default Re: dvd etc. - bad idea?

you're such a spoilsport Matt - i wanted to watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast