Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Fully flood here at Ashmount with all my flood plain under water but no where near as bad as January.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynnbarr View Post
    It was rising at cookham yesterday afternoon and this morning.
    How useful was the flod barrier in front of the old peoples home?

Quote Originally Posted by Brayman View Post
    How useful was the flod barrier in front of the old peoples home?
    Don't know,sorry.

We have just had a 'Severe flood warning' from the EA here at Wraysbury - that's a first and I've lived here 30 years.

Glen

Having lived the first 16 years of my life in Welley Road, that almost makes me glad I live in Somerset now. Hope it's not as bad as they're forecasting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GAJ52 View Post
    We have just had a 'Severe flood warning' from the EA here at Wraysbury - that's a first and I've lived here 30 years.

Glen
    I've just received one too for my area (South Stoke).

No severe warnings issued for that area ( yet ) , all the SEVERE flood warnings are for Old Windsor downwards.

I have just come back from a meeting in out village hall and out local councillor was summoned to an emergency meeting today with the EA and they have estimated we will get another 12 inches on the Thames river level as of midday, over the next 24 hours - that will be in my house, not what we wanted to hear. Evacuations have already started in areas of Wraysbury and Datchet !!

Glen

Heed the warnings.
    It is a lot worse in cookham/maidenhead,above and below boulters/jubilee river entrance than the last time in early jan.
    There is no visible drop on the weir at bray

Default Confession at last

"Communities Secretary Eric Pickles, who is in charge of the government's flood defence, said the government had relied too much on the Environment Agency's advice and the flood-hit Somerset Levels should have been dredged.

"I apologise unreservedly and I'm really sorry that we took the advice, we thought we were dealing with experts.""

As we have all been saying since the EA was formed, and decided (overnight) that rivers were self-dredging. I am not saying that it would have solved ALL of the current crisis, but, at last we get a confession from the top that the EA have been duping both the people and Westminster.

Would the guilty civil servants please clear their desks; don't slam the door on the way out.
    PO

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast