Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    UK -Berks
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pump-Out View Post

    Would the guilty civil servants please clear their desks; don't slam the door on the way out.
    PO
    They can't as they want their OBEs., MBEs., and fat pensions.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    451

    Default

    You guys really need to read this and get both sides of the story.....

    http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ith-speaks-out

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Medway
    Posts
    19,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pump-Out View Post
    "Communities Secretary Eric Pickles, who is in charge of the government's flood defence
    Mr Pickles career will be an interesting one from here on in,mind you shame to waste all that vast knowledge about civil engineering and Hydrology gained from years of experience.

    Erics career to date
    •Leader of Bradford Council (1988-1990),
    •Deputy-Leader of the Conservative GroupAMA (1989-1991),
    •National Young Conservative Chairman (1980-81)
    •Member of Yorkshire Regional Health Authority (1982-1990),
    •Vice-Chairman of Keighley Conservative Association (1986-1990),
    •Co-Chairman of the Joint Committee Against Racism (1982-1987),
    •Member of the Environment Select Committee (1992-1993).

    H,mm one year on a environment committee over 20 years ago.
    Last edited by oldgit; 10-02-14 at 21:04.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Mr Pickles career will be an interesting one from here on in,mind you shame to waste all that vast knowledge about civil engineering and Hydrology gained from years of experience.

    Erics career to date
    •Leader of Bradford Council (1988-1990),
    •Deputy-Leader of the Conservative GroupAMA (1989-1991),
    •National Young Conservative Chairman (1980-81)
    •Member of Yorkshire Regional Health Authority (1982-1990),
    •Vice-Chairman of Keighley Conservative Association (1986-1990),
    •Co-Chairman of the Joint Committee Against Racism (1982-1987),
    •Member of the Environment Select Committee (1992-1993).

    H,mm one year on a environment committee over 20 years ago.
    Could you expand on the qualifications chris smith brought to the table when appointed?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1022290.stm
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynnbarr View Post
    Could you expand on the qualifications chris smith brought to the table when appointed?
    He had practice of making a mess when he was responsible for the Millenium Dome.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Medway
    Posts
    19,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flynnbarr View Post
    Could you expand on the qualifications chris smith brought to the table when appointed?
    A quick look on Google will tell you all you need to know, its very simple, you open your browser and type in Goo.. Simples

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Medway
    Posts
    19,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Tizwoz View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1022290.stm
    He had practice of making a mess when he was responsible for the Millenium Dome.
    Do you mean this Dome .

    "Despite its lousy reputation, the Dome still managed to attract 6.5 million people in its first 12 months of operation – hardly a disaster. Indeed, this number was slightly higher than the Festival of Britain managed in 1951"

    " As a music venue, it is reportedly the most visited arena in the world. From the expensive debacle that was the Millennium Dome, something quite special has sprung"

    " The O2 Arena took the crown of the world's busiest music arena from the Manchester Arena, a title which it had held since 2001"

    "Despite The O2 Arena being open for only seven months of the year, the venue sold over 1.2 million tickets in 2007, making it the third most popular venue in the world for concerts and family shows narrowly behind the Manchester Arena (1.25 million) and Madison Square Garden in New York City (1.23 million). By 2008 it had become the world's busiest venue with sales of more than two million, taking the crown from MEN Arena"

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Just a few cables from Boulters Lock
    Posts
    12,592

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    A quick look on Google will tell you all you need to know, its very simple, you open your browser and type in Goo.. Simples
    Nope still can't find any relevant qualifications

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    4,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Defence Secretary Philip Hammond at Wraysbury this morning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=GgW6-x8SDvQ
    I actually watched that. PH gave a good account of himself, methinks.
    It was fantastic to see the local community getting together and doing things, OTOH (what appears to be) total lack of communication between the local authorities - whoever they may be and the volunteers. SO often sitting in their offices making decisions and only going through the motions (!) when talking to the ratepayers.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to