Default Dates in question

Just a quick one. The given date for the end of red diesel is quoted as the end of 2006. We will have a general election before then. Has anyone considered asking the "other party" of their stance? It's not inconcievable that they could get in. You never know, they may even make it a campaign pledge to attract all the boaters!

<hr width=100% size=1>
    You never know, I might be right!

Default Re: Dates in question

I think that you can guarantee that if they made it a campaign pledge they certainly wouldn't get in; non boaters would be horrified. Boating, whether stinkie or rag and stick is seen as a rich mans sport. It would be a like a campaign pledge to keep the price of champagne down for the "city slickers"

Joe

<hr width=100% size=1>

Depends where they advertised it. Not an issue for the TV campaign but could look good in the yachting press.

<hr width=100% size=1>
    You never know, I might be right!

It wouldn't look so good when 2 days later the "Sun" does a double page spread on pledges which have been quietly left out of their manifesto.

"When asked to explain Michael Howerd smilingly said "Oh, that's nothing. You wait till you see what we've promised to other special interest groups""............

Joe

<hr width=100% size=1>

&gt;&gt;&gt;It wouldn't look so good when 2 days later the "Sun" does a double page spread on pledges which have been quietly left out of their manifesto.

"When asked to explain Michael Howerd smilingly said "Oh, that's nothing. You wait till you see what we've promised to other special interest groups""............
    &gt;&gt;&gt;
    But substitute Tony Blair for Michael Howard and we are back to pre 1/5/97 politics. Frankly, I'd be more inclined to support a politico that made a point of supporting things that matter to me, although I do now grasp that locking up anyone who watches soap operas and the banning of association football in favour of compulsory rugby and cricket may be a vote loser outside my property:-)

<hr width=100% size=1>Two beers please, my friend is paying.
    Two beers please, my friend is paying.