Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jamie langstone View Post
    Good news with the head i took it to Banda engineering and they done a pressure test and confirmed there was no crack. They completed a full overhall of the head for a small sum of 120 . I managed to source a head kit and head bolts and also all the service parts for my engine from http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=1030&vid=1368 with out the Nanni dealer prices. The head is back on and all bolted down but i am waiting for a few gaskets from the Nanni Dealer for the heat exchanger and intercooler. I hope to run the engine early in the week .
    Hope all goes well.

John G

All resolved the engine runs a treat and for a lot less money than i budgeted for. I went for a test run and all seemed ok so i am back in action. so bring on those weekend away with the family and friends and a few beers to go with.

Excellent! and a bargain price repair. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by omega2 View Post
    Excellent! and a bargain price repair. Well done.
    +1

A good result, have a good season!

Good result, well done
    Milners off-road is another good company to deal with, I used to use them as well as Roughtrax when I had a Toyota Surf.

Default Re: still have coolent problem with Nanni

Hi Jamie

I think I may have the same problem - ten hours voyaging at 1200 rpm, coolant all still in place. Two hours voyaging at 2800 rpm - best part of 3 litres of coolant spat out of overflow tube. It's burning a bit of oil over time, too. When you took the head off, was there any sign that the gasket had blown? Also, forgive my mechanical ignorance, did you have to take the head apart (camshaft, valves etc) to have it serviced - or was it a relatively simple procedure - head off as a unit/head back on as a unit. I could handle that ok but I've been looking at the Nanni workshop manual and it makes things look very complicated! Is it something a reasonably practical person could manage? Finally, did the repair work long term - is it still ok?

Default Re: still have coolent problem with Nanni

pm sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12