Default Fairline Targa 43 - Aircon

Morning,

This may sound a bit of a strange question, but, has someone got a clue where the water pump & seacock for the aircon is ?

I've been looking at one for a friend, on a new to him boat, both aircon units shutting down due to low water flow, remove the water inlet pipe & there is a slow trickle of water, nothing like there should be. Both return pipes are clear & drain into the port exhaust system.

But despite searching the boat stem to stern, I cannot find either the pump or seacock, I didn't have a dinghy pump with me so could not use the usual trick of blowing air & listening/watching for bubbles.

Either the pump is hidden & faulty, or, it has been removed due to leaks & the pipework put onto the seacock.

I'm stumped !
    This post is made from 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    Either the pump is hidden & faulty, or, it has been removed due to leaks & the pipework put onto the seacock.
    If you have partial water flow, isn't it more likley that the strainer is blocked. If the owner doesn't know where the sea cock and pump is, he's unlikely to know where the strainer is either, so wont have cleaned it.

On mine it was under the floor between the two single beds in the rear cabin. If you pull the carpet up you will find a hatch between the two beds. The seacock and aircon cooling pumps and the drinking water pump are in there. If you are just getting a trickle of water hopefully its just a bunged up filter on the seacock. If not its probably the impellors on the two circulation pump have disolved. I think they can be rebuilt from memory.

It could be in the most stupid place ever, which is where the genny inlet is.

Which is on the port side of the generator, the only way in there is to take the garage floor out , or lift it and chock it up and climb in if your my size .

This may or may not help..... on a Targa 40 the pump is in the engine room in front of the generator under a lift up panel and the sea cock in front of the sbd engine.

Have you checked the switch panel. On mine once I have AUX4 or something off on the AC panel ... and this powers the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    On mine it was under the floor between the two single beds in the rear cabin. If you pull the carpet up you will find a hatch between the two beds. The seacock and aircon cooling pumps and the drinking water pump are in there. If you are just getting a trickle of water hopefully its just a bunged up filter on the seacock. If not its probably the impellors on the two circulation pump have disolved. I think they can be rebuilt from memory.
    Thanks Gentlemen,

I did find the fresh water pump under one of the beds, but didn't lift all the carpet!.
    I had a good look under the garage, other than the genny inlet, (pipework followed!) nothing. I had all the lift up lids out.

I did try the spare mains breaker hoping that may have been it.

Partial water flow if just from the few inches of head, switching the aircon on or off makes no difference, I suspect the pump is buggered, frustration set in when I could not find it.

Some makers do put stuff in strange places, remind me never to offer to fix the vacuum heads system on a rodman ....
    This post is made from 100% recycled electrons.