Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    259

    Default MBY's Spot The Boat

    It's that time of week again, can you Spot The Boat?
    http://www.mby.com/spot-the-boat/spot-the-boat-1411/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    545

    Default

    The Sandbanks Ferry?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    up on the moors.
    Posts
    31,564

    Default

    Oh dear, we have a dichotomy of interest again.

    It really is no use the editorial side pretending this is a serious test when MBY always picks pictures where the central subject is a scantily clad female model.

    While the model falls within the assumed guidelines of what is acceptable on the forum, I expect a more mature and balanced approach from what purports to be a serious magazine.

    Titillation and superficiality.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    It really is no use the editorial side pretending this is a serious test
    I am not sure it ever was intended as anything serious. Surely it is exactly what you say it is, a bit of titillation for their mostly male readership. I guess if you want balanced, it wouldn't hurt to put up a bit of male totty once in a while. Perhaps I should offer my services

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Tropics of the English Riviera!
    Posts
    3,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    Oh dear, we have a dichotomy of interest again.

    It really is no use the editorial side pretending this is a serious test when MBY always picks pictures where the central subject is a scantily clad female model.

    While the model falls within the assumed guidelines of what is acceptable on the forum, I expect a more mature and balanced approach from what purports to be a serious magazine.

    Titillation and superficiality.
    But this has always been the idea behind the STB has it not? Why the sudden interest and desire to change - surely if you don't like the concept then you don't have to look/participate? It's only a bit of fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    I am not sure it ever was intended as anything serious. Surely it is exactly what you say it is, a bit of titillation for their mostly male readership. I guess if you want balanced, it wouldn't hurt to put up a bit of male totty once in a while. Perhaps I should offer my services
    Arrggghhhh! If there's a genuine need for 'balanced' then start a separate STB for the ladies - no offence, but last thing I'd want to encounter upon clicking the link is a half-naked bloke - however nice the boat...
    Follow my boat ramblings - https://www.facebook.com/RobsBoatDiary/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    over there.
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Jeeeeeeez, I've not solved this one yet.
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...13641-New-boat

    Btw, her name is Charlotte and she's from Skegness

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    13,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    Oh dear, we have a dichotomy of interest again.

    It really is no use the editorial side pretending this is a serious test when MBY always picks pictures where the central subject is a scantily clad female model.

    While the model falls within the assumed guidelines of what is acceptable on the forum, I expect a more mature and balanced approach from what purports to be a serious magazine.

    Titillation and superficiality.
    You're just a simple raggie and not used to scantily clad females. Best you stick to Scuttlebutt!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Time Inc.
    Posts
    10,724

    Default

    Will be quick as on iPhone

    The idea of the spot the boat was to take the mickey out of the boat industry and the fact they almost always use a semi naked women in their shots ..

    So it's a bit of a dig to the industry.

    We also have plenty we can't use.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Tropics of the English Riviera!
    Posts
    3,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    Jeeeeeeez, I've not solved this one yet.
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...13641-New-boat

    Btw, her name is Charlotte and she's from Skegness
    Ah - there's enough of that one visible for me - Sunseeker Comanche

    Edit: one of these http://www.boatshop24.co.uk/advert/s...moura/41649753
    Last edited by rbcoomer; 14-11-14 at 19:44.
    Follow my boat ramblings - https://www.facebook.com/RobsBoatDiary/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Tropics of the English Riviera!
    Posts
    3,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Shead View Post
    Will be quick as on iPhone

    The idea of the spot the boat was to take the mickey out of the boat industry and the fact they almost always use a semi naked women in their shots ..

    So it's a bit of a dig to the industry.

    We also have plenty we can't use.
    No such word as can't...
    Follow my boat ramblings - https://www.facebook.com/RobsBoatDiary/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Find Boats For Sale

to
to