Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,801

    Default RM 1070 - My Ideal Cruising Boat

    OK I need a decent what boat thread to calm me down after a foolish foray into the lounge. (Can't believe some of the attitudes in there!).

    http://rm-yachts.com/rm1070

    Anyway fantasy plan is 5 years time. Buy a 35 foot cruising boat. Parked each year in a different place. Clyde (actually maybe for a couple of years).

    Portugal.

    Med somewhere else.

    Canaries.

    Caribbean.

    And home to sunny Scotland.

    Few holidays during the year, and all of Dec-Jan (except on the Clyde!!) due to the fact I need some sunshine in the winter!

    All while still pretending to work!

    Not keen on teak decks, mahogony interiors etc.

    Want something fast and fun!

    Anyone got a 1060????

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    west coast of Scotland
    Posts
    1,897

    Default

    There is a nice 1060 in my local boatyard, gotta say it looks the biz and to my eye the 1060 is a far,far better looking boat than the new one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Pogo 10.50, fast easy to sail lifting keel a bonus

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wully1 View Post
    There is a nice 1060 in my local boatyard, gotta say it looks the biz and to my eye the 1060 is a far,far better looking boat than the new one.
    Well in reality land rather than the fantasy land that I spend most of my life in it would be a second hand 1060.

    Why do you say it looks so much better??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl s View Post
    Pogo 10.50, fast easy to sail lifting keel a bonus
    My thinking was that the rms are a slightly better cruising boat, more stowage etc?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Sussex / Hants
    Posts
    28,120

    Default

    roblpm,

    back into serious land for a moment, I have similar medium - long term ideas.

    I'd make very sure any future cruiser is able to get through the French canals, so probably a lift keeler; having spent some time there it's very high on my list.

    Which then also means very effective cooling fans & hatches ( air conditioning would be spiffing but seems too power-hungry ) and good heating as it's equally cold in the winter.

    Just thoughts.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    roblpm,

    back into serious land for a moment, I have similar medium - long term ideas.

    I'd make very sure any future cruiser is able to get through the French canals, so probably a lift keeler; having spent some time there it's very high on my list.

    Which then also means very effective cooling fans & hatches ( air conditioning would be spiffing but seems too power-hungry ) and good heating as it's equally cold in the winter.

    Just thoughts.
    Actually funnily enough it isn't hot weather i am after it is daylight! So wont go anywhere hot in the summer. I think you can save quite a lot in the med by getting a nine month contract in a marina. Im off to Portugal in 2 weeks for a sailing course. Will be interesting to see what it is like!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Eastern Atlantic seaboard
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Anyone know the ballpark price of the basic RM 1070? Can't find it on Google.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Anyone know the ballpark price of the basic RM 1070? Can't find it on Google.
    I emailed and they sent me the price list. They say they have sold 15 already. (Makes you wonder about our boat builders??!!).

    Anyway base price is 155,000 euros plus vat. However base really does mean base, no sails! So I reckon at least another say 25,000 euros at a minimum.

    Euro exchange rate is going the right way so we are talking 166k and up.

    Hopefully they will sell loads so there is a bit of a second hand market in 5 years.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,801

    Default

    http://www.ancasta.com/boats-for-sal...arbon-edition/

    Similar price to a First 35??

    But a sun odyssey 349 is under 100k?

    GT35 300K +??!!

    So Rm is looking good as awb+??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to