Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    I would prefer to give my TMC 999 Manual Toilet a service rather than purchase a new one. Googling TMC service kits for the model, the results are coming back from US and Aus based websites. Does anyone know where i might be able to get one in the UK? Or would any other service kits work for this model?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Solent Area
    Posts
    326

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Did you have any joy in finding a service kit in the UK?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    1,220

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter View Post
    I would prefer to give my TMC 999 Manual Toilet a service rather than purchase a new one. Googling TMC service kits for the model, the results are coming back from US and Aus based websites. Does anyone know where i might be able to get one in the UK? Or would any other service kits work for this model?
    Well my experience is the same as yours - US and local (Australian) but no UK.

    Maybe it's a sign of the times that the US Wesbsite
    http://tmcin.com/index.aspx
    seems to be set up to supply TMC products worldwide

    I can understand why you want to buy locally rather than overseas but I buy a lot of products from the UK and always receive them within seven days.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Home Shropshire 6/12; boat Greece 6/12
    Posts
    10,361

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Quote Originally Posted by coopec View Post
    Well my experience is the same as yours - US and local (Australian) but no UK.

    Maybe it's a sign of the times that the US Wesbsite
    http://tmcin.com/index.aspx
    seems to be set up to supply TMC products worldwide

    I can understand why you want to buy locally rather than overseas but I buy a lot of products from the UK and always receive them within seven days.
    And it's pretty typical, Brits think 7 days is a fast service.
    2 days from Sweden, 2 from the Netherlands and 24 hrs from Athens (that's delivered in the N Aegean).
    Incidentally courier charges are more from UK than the other EU countries, probably because of the Channel.
    I even had an anchor delivered from Texas to Kavala in 5 days.
    What miserably, undemanding people we Brits are and how steeped in incompetence is our marine service.
    If you can only get parts from the US I'd reckon that a major plus point for the product.
    It's a pity that our British masochism is having us flirt with Brexit and the prospect of committing political and economic seppuko with a blunt, rusty table-knife, which results in the depreciating against all other currencies!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    YORKSHIRE
    Posts
    1,710

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Quote Originally Posted by charles_reed View Post
    And it's pretty typical, Brits think 7 days is a fast service.
    Your talking rubbish when i buy new stuff off ebay ...as i do alot[as everything is on there and its so easy]...it normally arrives in 2 days sometimes the next day...AS far as the EU goes We give away 361 million per week!...and get back less than half of that...so where getting done big time!....Yes those with brains want to get out!
    ""

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bricks & mortar: IoM. Me & boat: Aegean
    Posts
    8,133

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Quote Originally Posted by Niander View Post
    Your talking rubbish when i buy new stuff off ebay ...as i do alot[as everything is on there and its so easy]...it normally arrives in 2 days sometimes the next day...AS far as the EU goes We give away 361 million per week!...and get back less than half of that...so where getting done big time!....Yes those with brains want to get out!
    Your subsidiary point being that there's no correlation between brains and literacy?
    Mac

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    1,220

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Maybe I am over suspicious but how can Master Baiter (the originator of this thread) be a New User but the date of his thread is 14-03-15? Is there a logical explanation?

    Temp Master Baiter.JPG


    NOTE
    Apparently Master Baiter was a New User in March last year and this is only his second post
    Last edited by coopec; 10-06-16 at 10:58.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    UK East Coast
    Posts
    28,841

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Quote Originally Posted by coopec View Post
    Maybe I am over suspicious but how can Master Baiter (the originator of this thread) be a New User but the date of his thread is 14-03-15? Is there a logical explanation?
    There may be a clue in the name.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Solent Area
    Posts
    326

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    I did an internet trawl for the spares and the thread came up, it was an old one, i thought it was worth a try as he should have sorted a solution by now, then after i posted i saw how often he has been on.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    1,220

    Default Re: Repair Kits for Manual Toilet - TMC 999

    Quote Originally Posted by chrishscorp View Post
    I did an internet trawl for the spares and the thread came up, it was an old one, i thought it was worth a try as he should have sorted a solution by now, then after i posted i saw how often he has been on.....
    Thanks for that: I was bewildered as to what was going on.

    From memory he got no responses to his thread so he's obviously decided to move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Find Boats For Sale

to
to