Default Perkins 4108 Electrical Question?

There's a main engine fuse fitted inside a black box. I thinks primarily to protect the alternator?

Can anyone tell what it should be and where I might find one? (I don't have the old one as a French mechanic bypassed it when fitting a new alternator).
    Phil & Val (aka Dougal & Ermintrude)

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    There's a main engine fuse fitted inside a black box. I thinks primarily to protect the alternator?

Can anyone tell what it should be and where I might find one? (I don't have the old one as a French mechanic bypassed it when fitting a new alternator).
    Its it one of these ?

http://www.bristolkandl.co.uk/busspa...Fuse%20box.jpg

That looks like it. How'd you find that? Anyone know where the fuses are available from? If anyone has access to one of these, could please let me know the measurement between centres on the retaining bolts?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dougal; 31-03-15 at 17:45.

That looks like it. How'd you find that? Anyone know where the fuses are available from? If anyone has access to one of these, could please let me know the measurement between centres on the retaining bolts?
    Thanks
    Used to look after a fleet of boats with them fitted, the website I got the picture from sell them or any good auto electrical supplier should be able to supply, not sure what the measurement is as just looked to see if there's one in the bottom of tool box but not that lucky!

I guess i really OUGHT to find one, as I'm on my second alternator. Shorted the the original without the fuse!!!!

look like standard bs88 cartridge fuses to me so any wholesaler will stock them

Oh wow yes!!! Well spotted;-) How is 'sunny Scarborough'? Used to live in Bridlington.

Oh wow yes!!! Well spotted;-) How is 'sunny Scarborough'? Used to live in Bridlington.
    Wet cold and full of bloody tourists