Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jones was employed as architect and consultant of the Inchcape yachts,basicallyeast coat fishing vessels with some modifications.He also suggested the use of marine ply for the decks etc which was accepted by the builders,Eyemouth shipyard.Jones also designed a little yacht for the auther og that book about lifeboat conversions......end of memory recall

John Lewis was the author of the book about lifeboat conversions. He went on to write the delightful book A Taste for Sailing, in which he describes all his boats, lifeboat conversions etc. plus Patient Griselda, designed by Jack Jones and built at Rowhedge around 1960, I think. The lines, sail plan and other drawings and photos of this boat are in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Harber View Post
    John Lewis was the author of the book about lifeboat conversions. He went on to write the delightful book A Taste for Sailing, in which he describes all his boats, lifeboat conversions etc. plus Patient Griselda, designed by Jack Jones and built at Rowhedge around 1960, I think. The lines, sail plan and other drawings and photos of this boat are in the book.
    Thats the man,as you say a delightful book in my youth I bought a n old lfeboat conversion but the projected voyage ended in disaster...and new found friends!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12