Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435

Default Re: Ambassador's reponse to CA

Quote Originally Posted by maby View Post
    I'm not clear about the CA's position on this, but I would say that the RYA's pressure to retain red diesel coupled with the 60/40 split has resulted in us wasting the opportunities to address the issues and seems likely to result in us effectively being banned from the whole of mainland Europe soon.
    And I would agree with you but with the caveat that a great deal of the pressure has actually come from the inland waterways organisations rather than the RYA (albeit true that the RYA fully supported the lead taken by the likes of the IWA and NABO but they weren't the prime movers)
    Marine electrical engineer 07961 531633
    https://www.facebook.com/peckettmarine/info

Quote Originally Posted by Bru View Post
    And I would agree with you but with the caveat that a great deal of the pressure has actually come from the inland waterways organisations rather than the RYA (albeit true that the RYA fully supported the lead taken by the likes of the IWA and NABO but they weren't the prime movers)
    Let us not forget the BMF who have actively campaigned - on behalf of the marina operators - for the retention of red diesel.
    The argument was that cleaning their diesel tank was an unnecessary expense for marina operators.
    When was cleaning fuel tanks ever an 'unnecessary expense'?

When our boat was still based in Britain, diesel bug was common. I always had Marine 16 on board.
    We've now been based in France for 4 years, never had any diesel bug problem with my white (FAME) diesel.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

The Eu Meeting was supposed to be on the 18th Sept - any news on the outcome?
    "Keep true to the dreams of your youth."
    Friedrich Schiller (1759 - 1805)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Tin View Post
    L

When our boat was still based in Britain, diesel bug was common. I always had Marine 16 on board.
    We've now been based in France for 4 years, never had any diesel bug problem with my white (FAME) diesel.
    Interesting.

We saw two French boats where we knew the owners who were towed in this year due to fuel bug, and another passage making boat was also towed in.

An overnight shock treatment of bug treatment seemed beneficial as the diesel pumped out by the Volvo mechanic looked much better than the diesel sample taken from the filters.

Enough products here to say they have the problem too:

http://www.bigship.com/catalogue/ent...tron-diesel-1l

http://www.accastillage-diffusion.co...-ml,58462.html
    Any spooling mist aches are the fool of me iPid

I have been querying this for years but never had an answer. Certainly when I looked in a chandlery in France this year there was a large choice of different fuel treatment products on the shelf, most of them very much cheaper than those on offer in UK.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    The Eu Meeting was supposed to be on the 18th Sept - any news on the outcome?
    Weather permitting, I have organised a small club cruise in company to Ostend on the 28 Sept 2017 for 4 days
    I do not expect any changes to have filtered down yet. I will have a chat to customs officers if I get the chance.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

See once again this subject is running in 2 forums. http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...t-seems/page46

To keep all of the information in the same place and make life easier, possibly the Moderators would consider merging the thread in Scuttlebutt with this stickie?
    If in doubt - shoot the messenger!🇵🇹
    http://lagosnavigators.freeforums.org/index.php

The following is the latest from the Cruising Association

Following a spate of fines imposed without notice by Belgian customs this summer on UK registered boats carrying red marked diesel, a meeting was held on September 18th to unify EU members' approach. Belgium announced a suspension of its controls in advance of these discussions.

As a result, the Belgian Ministry of Finance has now announced that controls on foreign leisure craft carrying red diesel remain suspended until further notice, the position adopted until now by other members of the Union.

No reports of fines have been received for a number of weeks and there is room for cautious optimism pro tem. The operative term remains "suspended" because the Commission has in no way relented from its position that even if full tax has been paid on red marked diesel carried in small craft, the use of this fuel complicates members countries from overseeing EU regulations that non-commercial craft may not use marked diesel at all.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435