Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Default Re: Ostende and red diesel - BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    Hi
    My friend was one if the boats fined. He explains that customs came on board with a card reader in hand cos they knew that a British flagged vessel would have traces of red. They confiscated passports first to ensure they had the upper hand. The skippers attitude was in no way a factor in them being fined.
    I would say that avoiding Belgium at all costs is the only answer until this gets resolved, if that ever happens.
    Shame.

That sounds cynical and deliberate. Could we get someone with a Diplomatic passport to go there with a tank full of red? A decent diplomatic incident might keep the Belgian Minister/Apparachik on his/her toes.
    Tax stupidity, not intelligence

Default Next best thing to firsthand experience.

Many are calling for first hand experiences.

Well this morning I had a chat with a vessel that was 'fined' €500. The facts are very much as related elsewhere and the 'officials' were so sure of their ground that the paperwork for 'the fine' had already been completed before they boarded!

A friend and a well known, respected yatchsman, he is not a subscriber to these forums but has agreed to share developments as they occur. He has already been in contact with a local MP (another friend) and also a keen sailor, who I understand is taking a personal interest.

Primarily as this is an East Coast issue, so as I am briefed and cleared to share, in the future, I intend to post details solely on this thread and have suggested to management the associated threads on Scuttlebutt are merged with this one.
    Last edited by nortada; 19-07-17 at 19:28.
    If in doubt - shoot the messenger!
    Play the Man - Not The Ball.

Default Re: Next best thing to firsthand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Many are calling for first hand experiences.

Well this morning I had a chat with a vessel that was 'fined' €500. The facts are very much as related elsewhere and the 'officials' were so sure of their ground that the paperwork for 'the fine' had already been completed before they boarded!

A friend and a well known, respected yatchsman, he is not a subscriber to these forums but has agreed to share developments as they occur. He has already been in contact with a local MP (another friend) and also a keen sailor, who I understand is taking a personal interest.

Primarily as this is an East Coast issue, so as I am briefed and cleared to share, in the future, I intend to post details solely on this thread and have suggested to management the associated threads on Scuttlebutt are merged with this one.
    Thank you
    can you keep the CA & RYA in the loop
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    Thank you
    Yes but as I do not have a point of contact, initially , these two organisations must make contact with me.

I haven't specially checked but I anticipate that my sources are already well known to and dealing direct with both agencies.
    Last edited by nortada; 19-07-17 at 19:52.

Yes but as I do not have a point of contact, initially , these two organisations must make contact with me.

I haven't specially checked but I anticipate that my sources are already well known to and dealing direct with both agencies.
    Both have websites, i posted a response from the CA after my contact with them

post 425
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...again-it-seems
    Last edited by sailorman; 19-07-17 at 20:02.
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Thank you
    +1
    It's good that The collective voice is being heard

Although that quote from Belgian Customs is pretty definitive,

"According to the Royal Decree of June 28th 2015, article 54, 2° states clearly that liquid motor fuels present, sold or used to drive an explosion or combustion engine of private pleasure crafts cannot contain any denaturates nor markers, on ilnad waterways or Union waters.

This is obviously ratifying an EU Directive

It would be interesting to know if the original directive had limits or tolerances on what constitutes a 'Trace'. It would also be interesting to here some Dutch views from skippers who had filled up in the UK.. Theoretically this process could be imposed anywhere between Greece and Finland.....
    "Keep true to the dreams of your youth."
    Friedrich Schiller (1759 - 1805)

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    +1
    It's good that The collective voice is being heard

Although that quote from Belgian Customs is pretty definitive,

"According to the Royal Decree of June 28th 2015, article 54, 2° states clearly that liquid motor fuels present, sold or used to drive an explosion or combustion engine of private pleasure crafts cannot contain any denaturates nor markers, on ilnad waterways or Union waters.

This is obviously ratifying an EU Directive

It would be interesting to know if the original directive had limits or tolerances on what constitutes a 'Trace'. It would also be interesting to here some Dutch views from skippers who had filled up in the UK.. Theoretically this process could be imposed anywhere between Greece and Finland.....
    At present even this forum cannot operate with a single collective thread.

We have two similar threads on red diesel currently running in Scuttlebutt.

The duplication is huge so I have suggested to management that these threads are merged with this one but no response.

Whilst, I will do anything I can to help, as one who spends a significant time in Iberia and the UK and has no intention of re-entering Belgique Waters, for me this not a major cause so I do not wish to spread myself over 3 or more threads.

Rant over!

At present even this forum cannot operate with a single collective thread.

We have two similar threads on red diesel currently running in Scuttlebutt.

The duplication is huge so I have suggested to management that these threads are merged with this one but no response.

Whilst, I will do anything I can to help, as one who spends a significant time in Iberia and the UK and has no intention of re-entering Belgique Waters, for me this not a major cause so I do not wish to spread myself over 3 or more threads.

Rant over!
    i tried to get the first 2 threads merged 2 weeks ago

i tried to get the first 2 threads merged 2 weeks ago
    There now appears to be 3 threads covering this topic and following my request to merge it appears that I too have failed.

Unfortunately sticky threads do not appear in the main menu so the this East Coast thread is not apparent to the casual surfer.

As you appreciate I have a number of contacts who are prepared to share any updates they get. To keep it all in one place, rather than posting in Scuttlebutt, I will only post these updates here.
    Last edited by nortada; Yesterday at 14:38.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021