Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ostende and red diesel - BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    PM me and I will send you pdf of a Netherlands Schengen form and a Belgian version.
    Alternatively follow the lead in this email I received from the RYA for the Belgian one"

Further toour telephone conversation this morning the information you were looking forregarding the Schengen procedure for Belgium in contained in a document at https://afdelingkust.login.kanooh.be.../ntm201701.pdfstarting from page 256. This document also includes a copy of the form on page259/260. "
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Default Re: Levington boaters allegedly fined €500 in Belgium for red diesel

We had the Police onboard Friday, with Shengen forms to fill in. all quite painless.
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Default Re: Levington boaters allegedly fined €500 in Belgium for red diesel

In July/August this year we spent three days in Nieuwpoort and a week in Blankenberge.

On board we had receipts to show that we had paid 100% duty on the last few red diesel fill-ups.

We were welcomed at the marinas we visited and at no time were asked for documentation. In Nieuwpoort the receptionist at the marina was dismissive when asked about this!

There did seem to be fewer British boats about than I would have anticipated. But we had a great time in Belgium, and I would encourage British boaters to visit whilst the present 'ceasefire' is in force.

Spent 15 days in Ostend in August & a further 2 days in September. No sign of any authority. Did receive a wall plaque, a watch& an inscribed computed bag from the RNSYC to commemorate my 75 th visit to Ostend though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    Spent 15 days in Ostend in August & a further 2 days in September. No sign of any authority. Did receive a wall plaque, a watch& an inscribed computed bag from the RNSYC to commemorate my 75 th visit to Ostend though.
    Coooo i wonder where mine is
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    Coooo i wonder where mine is
    I started going there in "Pre Robert" days. You need a bit of history as well to qualify.such as :- getting arrested & let off with a rollicking, getting threatened with fines- twice, upsetting the harbour control because the bloke at the entrance got the balls & cones mixed up ( not my fault) & ones wife doing the race starts for the Belgian national Dragon championships one year & finally- appearing on Belgian TV - twice
    It's a great place to spend a couple of weeks hols every year

I started going there in "Pre Robert" days. You need a bit of history as well to qualify.such as :- getting arrested & let off with a rollicking, getting threatened with fines- twice, upsetting the harbour control because the bloke at the entrance got the balls & cones mixed up ( not my fault) & ones wife doing the race starts for the Belgian national Dragon championships one year & finally- appearing on Belgian TV - twice
    It's a great place to spend a couple of weeks hols every year
    I go back to Popeye, 1978 was my first trip in my own boat, that was fitted out at home. Nav aids-compass -hh compass - log - depth - charts

I go back to Popeye, 1978 was my first trip in my own boat, that was fitted out at home. Nav aids-compass -hh compass - log - depth - charts
    1970 in my Stella.No log though.Terrific days. Nothing like seeing Ostend for the first time (except it was Nieuport & we were a bit out)
    In your first boat? Hope that was not the silhouette! respect if it was.See summer issue of the PBO for my first foray in the silly ette. B..dy horrible thing really, but did not know that when 12 years old.

1970 in my Stella.No log though.Terrific days. Nothing like seeing Ostend for the first time (except it was Nieuport & we were a bit out)
    In your first boat? Hope that was not the silhouette! respect if it was.See summer issue of the PBO for my first foray in the silly ette. B..dy horrible thing really, but did not know that when 12 years old.
    Pegasus 800, i just had hull & deck mouldings (Dec 77 ), the rest was a trad teak fit-out, with SS Spars & full suit of Austin Farrar sails & launched June 78
    Last edited by sailorman; 11-09-18 at 12:36.

Pegasus 800, i just had hull & deck mouldings (Dec 77 ), the rest was a trad teak fit-out, with SS Spars & full suit of Austin Farrar sails & launched June 78
    Quite a project in its day. But I think that the general mindset was more geared up for those sort of projects. I see that you had a silly ette & my father built one in just a few short weeks from inception to launch. There were loads of similar boats built around the 60's 70's & people thought it was quite the norm. It was the sort of thing that people just went ahead & did. Seems a pity that folk these days may have lost the skills. Worse still they are not being passed down to the kids.
    I helped with bits of the build & If you have seen my article in the PBO it did not feel that strange that a 12 year old would go off in dad's boat for a weekend with a friend, without anyone stopping them, once they got past "parental approval". But i knew every part of the boat inside out when it was launched.
    Last edited by Daydream believer; 11-09-18 at 19:19.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243 ... LastLast