Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344 LastLast

Default Re: Levington boaters allegedly fined €500 in Belgium for red diesel

I spent much of this summer in Holland & Belgium. I note that there are many fishing boats and thousands of yachts and numerous filling stations selling white diesel, but the subject of duty free fuel was never mentioned in any conversation and no hand wringing angst about it.
    How do these these EU citizens manage that?

As I said earlier, I would much prefer to use white but I would like to use FAME free. Trouble is, it appears that ALL road diesel (read white) in the EU has by law to contain 7% bio-ethanol so even if the ‘Red’ issue were settled, getting FAME free white won’t be possible without a further change in the law. How likely is that at the moment?
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    I spent much of this summer in Holland & Belgium. I note that there are many fishing boats and thousands of yachts and numerous filling stations selling white diesel, but the subject of duty free fuel was never mentioned in any conversation and no hand wringing angst about it.
    How do these these EU citizens manage that?
    And with Bio added too Oh how they must have suffered these past 20 yrs
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    Dunno, did they all buy new engines?
    Pardon?

Perhaps any money raised in tax could replace local 'conservation/navigation charges'.

I sent an email yesterday to the Harbour Master at Ramsgate. Here is his reply, self explanatory really.

Good morning Karl

Thank you for your enquiry.

We presently serve three fuels for leisure vessels at Ramsgate from our own fuel barge; these are FAME free red marine gas oil, white diesel (not FAME free) and unleaded petrol.

We're hoping that in line with the recent ruling, the industry will soon be in a position to be able to provide FAME free white diesel.
    Kind regards

Robert Brown.

Harbour Master & Marine Operations Manager
    Pardon?

Default Re: Ostende and red diesel - BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    Yes! So much so that it has been totally erased from our minds.
    It is highly entertaining watching the endless discussions about diesel from across the North Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by westhinder View Post
    Yes! So much so that it has been totally erased from our minds.
    It is highly entertaining watching the endless discussions about diesel from across the North Sea.
    Typical English
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Thread in scuttlebutt saying a boat has been recently fined £500 for red diesel in Belgium. Bought in Dover 100% full duty paid etc.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344 LastLast