Default Can anyone help in identifiying my bowthruster ?

Fitted to a 1994 Fairline Squadron 56'. I have managed to source replacement motor brushes, but would like to know the manufacturer and obtain a copy of an 'exploded view' for parts etc. would also like to know if an improved prop. could be fitted ? Would also like to try and fit a remote control but just no details.

Have tried contacting Fairline but no help I'm afraid.
    Rules are for the strict adherence of fools and the guidance of wise men

Default Re: Can anyone help in identifiying my bowthruster ?

I don't recognise that make. But on the remote control front this would work.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/quasar-two...trol-kit-l27bk

It looks like a Nobels thruster to me. I removed one from a Squadron 56 a few years ago and replaced it with a Sidepower as the original didn't have much power.

You may have already tried this, but if not you could type model number in here? http://www.magneton.cz/en/technicka-data

Quote Originally Posted by djefabs View Post
    Fitted to a 1994 Fairline Squadron 56'. I have managed to source replacement motor brushes, but would like to know the manufacturer and obtain a copy of an 'exploded view' for parts etc. would also like to know if an improved prop. could be fitted ? Would also like to try and fit a remote control but just no details.

Have tried contacting Fairline but no help I'm afraid.
    As said above its a Nobels, they were distributed by Aquafax, not been available for a few years now but might be worth a call to Aquafax.

Hi Guys, thank you very much for identifying the bow Thruster. It certainly is a Nobel and is now out of production. However the 'Albright' company still do the reversing contactor and the remainder is purely mechanical with a simple 8kw 24v DC motor which I think I can deal with. Thanks again, this forum never fails to amaze me with the knowledge pool.
    Derek

Hi. Old post I know. What did you replace it with ? And did u have to replace the tube ?

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfrank7 View Post
    Hi. Old post I know. What did you replace it with ? And did u have to replace the tube ?
    Hi, I didn't need to replace it. Had the motor stripped down, rewound and baked. Fitted new brushes and the guy that carried out the work also replaced the Contacts in the 'reversing contactor'. All refitted and working well to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by djefabs View Post
    Hi, I didn't need to replace it. Had the motor stripped down, rewound and baked. Fitted new brushes and the guy that carried out the work also replaced the Contacts in the 'reversing contactor'. All refitted and working well to this day.
    Thanks for that I wasnít expecting a reply !
    You didnít find any where that can supply motors did you ?
    Mine either wants rebuilding by somebody or a new one. Looking in my paper work the 4-6hp was the same but just a bigger motor on the 6hp so I want one of them !!
    Cheers.