Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeman 32 mk 2

Default Freeman 32 mk 2

Hi guys it's been a while but was hoping if anyone knows a freeman 32 mk 2 called teuton or used to be called teuton as haven't seen her since my parents sold her 15 years ago she was at burnham on crouch then disappeared can anyone help?

Default Re: Freeman 32 mk 2

Sorry, can't help, but worth a bump.

I have a 32 MK 1 and a passing interest in all large Freeman..... but although that name sounds very vaguely familiar, it's not one I have ever photographed or can recall anything about.

A quick search of the inland waterways registration details...... http://canalplan.org.uk/boats/ brings up nothing.... May have been renamed.....

Try, http://freeman-cruisers.forumotion.co.uk but I don't think you will get much joy there... (as it will end up flagged to me!!)

Try phoning Sheridan Marine after 4pm and chat to Andrew if you can.... If anyone knows its whereabouts it will be him.

Hi

Yeah canal plan do sent show up much is there anything else I could try?

She is highly unlikely to be Part 1 registered, so that is out.....

I have however found this in the global radio call sign database... http://www.itu.int/online/mms/mars/s...1818521&TEUTON

IF and ONLY IF that is her..... the owners name is SELVAGE or was at the time the record was last updated - 2009.

The gross tonnage looks a bit high for a Freeman 32, although in the same database mine is listed as 1360 tons!!!!

Doing a bit of detective work turned up a Mr Gordon Selvage based in Norfolk..... not an impossibility, given the type of boat and geography.
    https://companycheck.co.uk/director/...ELVAGE/summary
    Last edited by Alpha22; 07-06-16 at 23:29.

Hi alex12134, we have just bought Teuton, she was re-named Eliza Jane at some point; she's in Ireland at the moment & I have no idea how long she's been here or how she got here but funnily enough we're bringing her back to the Thames next year hopefully. Hope you get this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Sea Dog View Post
    Hi alex12134, we have just bought Teuton, she was re-named Eliza Jane at some point; she's in Ireland at the moment & I have no idea how long she's been here or how she got here but funnily enough we're bringing her back to the Thames next year hopefully. Hope you get this!
    Wow an amazing outcome and proof again of the wonderful reach this forum has!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Sea Dog View Post
    What a shame the OP didn't stick around to hear this.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Hi
    I am Alex's dad, i will tell him.
    Look forward to seeing the boat again as we are Thames based, we had many happy times on it including crossing the channel and visiting France, belgium and holland.

Hello - great to hear from you; it would be really lovely to find out more about her past, perhaps we could swap some photos at some point. Was she with you when she won Best Dressed Boat in Maidstone a couple of times?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast