Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Default Re: Buckingham 20 restoration, formerly Plant Pot

For you V

Found it its this stuff V

https://www.architonic.com/en/produc...lare-2/1113202
    Last edited by waynes world; 10-03-19 at 20:15.

thanks W,

thought it was completely different thing from the fitted pics...

good luck with the sanding (also not my favourite job tbh)

cheers

V.

I was off work today as i had to go to the hospital so as it was a nice day fro once i grabbed the chance to start the canopy patterns. What pain in the arse that was, just the two rear hardtop corners to get a nice curve to the canvas.

The Material i got for the patterns is spot on ( Fibretex ) flexible and no stretch at all.

This is the corners that proved difficult o get it how i wanted. All sorted now though.

So then it was mark it all up time for the top section.

Then i made a full rear section although this will done in smaller sections. So the top trim to go all around the top section dropping down by 6 inch. Rear section will have a rear window which can be rolled up or removed all together leaving corner upstands about 6 inch down the sides and rear. to leave all open i we want.

I have gone with Lift the Dot fittings all around and the rest will be Zips fro material to material for detachable sides and rear.

I lowered a bit more the hoop to hope to get a better run off. If not i have aspring loaded bar that can slot in the canopy top when not on board to give a more support.

Looks good Wayne. Are you planning to attach the zips to a secondary flap sewn inside the top section overhang? That way the zips will be protected as water will run off the top overhang and not directly contact them. I have had both over the years, and protected zips definitely keep the cockpit drier. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by KDee View Post
    Looks good Wayne. Are you planning to attach the zips to a secondary flap sewn inside the top section overhang? That way the zips will be protected as water will run off the top overhang and not directly contact them. I have had both over the years, and protected zips definitely keep the cockpit drier. Good Luck!
    Hi KDee

Thats the plan, all zips will be covered by flaps, top edge completely but an inch or so and the side zips will have close fit flap, not sure what they call it but the canvas edges/hems touch.

Well thats i can do it good enough.

Captain Faffer

Default Re: The plant pot

Got a bit of an update, good and bad. This is a rush job...ah but then in the last week i havnt done to bad.

As some may know i am in need of an operation as elbow is knackered and i was told it will be in for it to be done around September 2019. Well by eck i am in to have it done in two weeks ( 30th April ) so most of May i will struggle along with one arm now as the May launch has to be pit back to June.

So plan is..

I have booked in for the BSS on the 23rd May and a crane for June 24th to launch

I have been busy doing the work for the BSS this has been lining the LPG pipe as that goes in the battery area which is under the rear deck.

Beside that i have made a LPG cylinder holder and fitted cleats as these had to be done now due to the LPG pipe work needed casing off from leaks under the rear deck and that would be in the way of fitting cleats later.

What else for BSS

Secure battery has been done,boring cove that is all along with seal the holes where pipes and cable go through the bulkhead. with DIY grommets screwed inplace with EPDM seals.

Charger box needs venting a bit to make sure and water works needs a tap so i can check the water system/heater is working still,you never know.

Besides that the top rubbing strakes have been sanded back ( my fav tool is the belt sander ) after a few years of neglect and have come up well. Sods law it has started to rain today so thats on hold for a good day again this weekend.

Come up ok, just needs a varnish now.

Oh and if you remember a few years ago. The ply i used for making gthe rear deck was from Wicks, a DIY supplier, and the rear deck needed to be redone again as it delaminated in the space of a few moths. Well as i was expecting and putting off the rear seat lockers had to be redone as the same ply was used there. This time i made 7mm thick GRP sheets and done it again, as i should of done in the first place.

I have yet to fit the hatch`s but need to clean them up again.

Now another job was i wanted the horn to be central and not to the Port side so i routed out and reset the cables inplace.

To do this, just a matter of follow pics 20 min job

Make Bridger from chopped CSM and add to resin

Then a few laminations of 350grm CSM on top, that can be fettle later when i crack on with the filling and prep for painting in June.

So its near as dam ready for the BSS in May. In the last few weeks of May when off sick i will have a go at the
    canopy even if one armed . I have the top and rear templates ready to cut out so a start is here.

So busy busy as i have a big job on fitting a narrow boat out aswell with the Boat Works service. and a few stoves to fit to others. No rest for he wicked

Captain Faffer

So as said i made a transom saver. Many like them some dont. After owning a lot of GRP boats i thought while i am at it i will make one.

It is made from 2mm stainless steel plate. Bent in a vice with a few bits of timber.

The outboard will be bolted through it and the transom. To help it bend it cut a mm through it

To help bend it i made a cut on the bend line first.

Set in place the engine to get the hole correct then pilot drilled them.

Fill with epoxy / filler.

So for the bolt holes through the transom its just the matter to drill over size to 16mm for the M10 bolt then fill with epoxy filler and drill though again.

[IMG][/IMG]

Trimmed back and shaped a little then ready to fit once painted.....soooon

Last edited by waynes world; 06-05-19 at 19:40.

This weekend has been mainly sanding what i could but suffering for it now so today all i did was wash it down in time for the primer.

There is a load to sand back under the lower strake but my arm is done in now so i will have see how i go. I have five weeks before the Op then the launch so no pain no gain hey. I was offered help a few times but folk keep letting me down. Ah well.

I did the strakes with four coats of Le Tonkinois and looks good to me. I was expecting to need to do more coats but it will be reat.

Hey dont forget the canopy,i have been having a go at the two corners of the hoop, not easy to get prefic so will just see how it goes, or is it me being a faffer. The other job i want done before the Op and launch.
    Last edited by waynes world; 06-05-19 at 19:42.

W,

you probably messed up something with today's pics, check again please!

cheers

V.

Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586364656667686970717273 ... LastLast