Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Default Re: The plant pot

My 2 cents worth on the screen . think it is far too high. I would go with one half that height

Dennis

My favourite thread of many very good ones on here!

Superb work; can't wait to see what she looks like when finished.

Darren

GDPR150987 is offline Account Closed (By user's request)

Wayne - looks like you have some great skills there - why don't you look at this for your next project! I think your wife and dog would be much happier in that lol

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...AMAGED-on-Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    My 2 cents worth on the screen . think it is far too high. I would go with one half that height

Dennis
    You've made great progress, but I have to agree that the screen just doesn't look right. It's just too big. But hey, it's your boat and judging by what you've done so far, you could always make another, or adapt the one you have if further down the line you decide that it needs changing.

Great thread and excellent pics. Thanks for posting and looking forward to further updates.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrs View Post

Darren
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon805 View Post
    Wayne - looks like you have some great skills there - why don't you look at this for your next project! I think your wife and dog would be much happier in that lol

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    You've made great progress, but I have to agree that the screen just doesn't look right. It's just too big. But hey, it's your boat and judging by what you've done so far, you could always make another, or adapt the one you have if further down the line you decide that it needs changing.

Great thread and excellent pics. Thanks for posting and looking forward to further updates.
    Now next update

I forgot all about to measure up for the bow water tank and to tired now to even go out.

What i have done though is clan out the con`y to make a workshop or the starts of, i need to really treat T to a good time when this boat is done i think, she loved the con`y so much, just cant afford the new roof for it........could that be to do with the boat.i

I wanted to get on with the top screen/canopy as i collected a few sheets of insulation but weather has been to bad, hope to get it done in the next week or so.

Oh and a picture of incentive when i look out the window My wife loves me.....she must do lol.

Bolted down the work bench so i could make the small side hand rails.and the pipe bender to it.

Fish tank is now another work bench, no time for fish keeping now sad.png

I got a wet/dry bench grinder...again......sold my last one for some daft reason, and the most annoying part is i can no longer sharpen drill bits for some reason, i was so good at it, now it takes me ages so i am going to cheat and get a gadget to do it for me.

So that took me a day to sort all that out but i did get a few bits made, some feet for the bow rail and i made some side hand rails.

I started on the main rails feet, but as it is taking me so long to drill a bloody hole i have gave up, all marked out ready to be drilled though, i just put black perm marker on the bottom side and T held the plates down while i marked with a drill bit.

to keep all in order where they should go back on.

here you can see how far out the holes will be if i use the original mounting holes, i am tempted to fill all the holes actually and re`drill them, only way i can think of doing this though is by putting duct tape over the inner hole and pouring resin in to fill it.

So that is about it for this weekend, well but for a bit of welding practice which didnt last long as i ran out of argon, that didnt last long at all, gutted, was just getting the knack aswell of welding 1.6mm tube to 3mm thick feet, Not east welding thick to to thin.

Yes i could buy these handles cheap but as i have the steel spare, infact these are bits i made a mess of and cut them down, may aswell use them

And here we have the new canopy/screen

I need to get this done as time is running out so after a waist of yesterday with sorting out a way to sharpen rill bits, i had to return a MM one to ry another jig type where you need to be a sciencetist to set it up lol.
    And today getting up late i got a bit done. spent it all cutting and shutting this thing together. still needs a lot doing but it is taking shape, and now it may just be a narrowing of the top is needed, i have 1.6m width for the solar panel.

Just still a bit to wide i think,

what i ended up with, from a few angles as in some i dont like it but most i do, looks different also in the pics, It looks a lot better with the rails on

I made it way to high at first so them i can fettle it

but then i moved the top back as i didnt like the over hang on the front.

still to high so

And after a few more trimmings and rails to see how it will look, the top did loo a bit high but when the rails were all fitted this made it look that bit lower.

As said the side overhang does look to much but that is giving room for a good size solar panel of around 250w, also i like the idea of fitting some down/deck lights under them to light up the gunnel at night.

At first i used 6" nails to hold the panels in place, just push them through at 45 deg angle and they hold nice while things are be altered as you can pull them out, if you dont push them down flush which just makes it harder to remove them, then, i used expanding foam and board to keep the sides inplace as it is not easy on a windy day and bits moving around, so once i got the position i set it in place, not the top though as this will be separate.

Now to whats been, the cabin top has been worked on a little weather and work has got on the way though, so when that happend i set to on the inside, it has most of the wiring routed now, just the bilge pumps, three of them, and the fridge, incase we do get one, but going to make a coll box for now the size of a fridge so it can be replaced maybe.Oh and the bow light and horn. Rear deck lights etc can be done when ever, just want to get on with the fit out. Got a discount day at Wicks so in the net day or so i will go and get a load of gear.

My shopping list upto now.

micro gas pipe,
    battens for head and seating etc
    JG pipe work and fittings,
    Pinkgrip, i have a new plan for insulation/lining out
    6 tins of foam
    screws
    look at 12v lights
    See what PUVc panelling they have for the head/wet room, not much on the website
    see what flooring they have if any cheap, want some nice wooden TnG type.

There will be more i should think.

Also opend an account with BOC so i will be getting a good size argon this time, practice practice the welding, althugh i have decided if i can gte it good enough then i will try and get somebody to do it for me here with my rig.

so still on the go

More to come on the canopy, it changed again, good and bad but hey ho, luvin it

And thanks for the comments, helps me get more done, a bit of motivation to get more done.

Excellent thread, really enjoyed your inventiveness and problem solving. Now looking forward to the continued adventures and engineering skills towards completion

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    My wife loves me.....she must do lol.
    Yes; indeed she must!

I like the new top; much prefer it to the previous screen.

Morning all just a quick edit, Sorry, i did add replies to these posts in post 75 and i just noticed they did no show up, i must of hit wrong button or something, not much good with tech stuff.

Darren
    Thanks and as sad as it is it is all i think about, i want it to look good so all i do is picture it and how i want it to look. i may just call it Obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon805 View Post

Now i look but can only dream of that kind of project,, would love to see the neighbours faces with that on the drive lol. I have seen some next projects, there was a good Nelson 34 on fleabay a while back, a shell and cheap, but i thought to keep my marriage going i will leave it alone.

Me and T was joking though to make a flybridge on this one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post

Yes the screen is not right at all, as you can see it has changed to a full GRP, a lot better, it is going to be fixd though and not folding, it has a 7 foot air draft from the original water line so that will get near all places we take it. Not as top heavey either with GRP, cant decide though if to use glass or one of the plastic perspex type to save more weight, just not keen on plastic windows. I know a chap that sell it at good price, forgotten the name but its the best UV safe and strong ones around used on conservatory roofs and the likes. We will see

Quote Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
    Excellent thread, really enjoyed your inventiveness and problem solving. Now looking forward to the continued adventures and engineering skills towards completion
    I think i like to faff with boats more, cant wait to get out fishing and cruising though, had orders from the powers that be i WILL be having time off from a projects/s for 12 months once it is done, you want to see the trailer i am building, well will be soon, i have a pair of king size axles left from the removing the rails from an old boat trailer, will carry the Titanic lol. project in itself.

Yes; indeed she must!

I like the new top; much prefer it to the previous screen.
    Either she loves me or she just cant wait to be Mrs Bouquet lol. love that sketch on the river.

Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast