Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Weymouth is blumin great

Arrived and stayed for a week, it's a cracking harbour very picturesque with bigish fishing fleet so plenty going on. The town has the best dog friendly eatery we've come across - Nautico Lounge - and some good food shops but also it's fair share of tattoo parlours and pound shops.

Yes there's some rafting, the maximum has been four on a raft but everyone does shore lines and most times it's been just one or two boats. The pontoons are wide and safe and the leccy and water stations are about 10m apart, berth for 10m is £26 vs £40 at Poole Town Quay Marina

The beach is incredible, we'll be back here.

Default Re: Weymouth is blumin great

Last there in 2014 and loved it. We're heading to Dartmouth & Salcombe in a couple of weeks and a couple of days in Weymouth are 100% on the agenda. Are they still doing do the deal of buy ( I think) 2 get 1 night free??

They are still doing the deal but not in July and August , there last week and love the place ��⛵️
    Crossing the Big Blue Pacific from Panama to Australia through 2019 😃

I'm hoping to get there for the first time in 2 weeks, part of my much reduced in scope summer cruise - just to clarify - the cheaper option was the town quay before the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    Last there in 2014 and loved it. We're heading to Dartmouth & Salcombe in a couple of weeks and a couple of days in Weymouth are 100% on the agenda. Are they still doing do the deal of buy ( I think) 2 get 1 night free??
    Salcombe has a pay for 5 nights and get another 2 free. No deals in Dartmouth that I'm aware of.

Abiding memory of Weymouth is of the barmaid who carefully searched the till when asked if she had any Scottish £3 coins.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteSurfer View Post
    I'm hoping to get there for the first time in 2 weeks, part of my much reduced in scope summer cruise - just to clarify - the cheaper option was the town quay before the bridge?
    Yes £2.60 per metre, £2.50 for leccy. Marina is £3.10 all in but the harbour has much charm and character, though on Saturday night a bit to much 'character'. Must have always been like this - 200 years ago there would have been much more noise, many more drunks and some very unsavoury characters. Nice folk at the HM office and the fooderies on the North side are great.

Thank you.

We called in there in April - really nice harbour, very picturesque.

Ω

We've always enjoyed Weymouth. We once managed to stay during their mad battle between the fishing boats, which involved a lot of flour being chucked around, with great care taken not to involve the visiting yachts. Eating out at Floods has always been good, though we've not been for a few years now as they were booked up last time.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast