Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opacmare passerelle electrical issue

Wonder if anyone can help on this...

Passerelle rotate function has just stopped working. Up, down, in out...all fine. Have checked the control box and with the functions that work the input light works and the output light for the relevant function along with the engine light ...all good. But on either of the rotate functions the input light comes on but no output light.

When I use the deck keyboard, same thing ...input lights on but no output lights. Have tried to rotate manually and it starts to move.

It's as if something is stopping the rotate functions from operating correctly. Took fuse out and replaced hoping it would reset...no luck.

In the manual it mentions "limit" switches...could this be the issue and, if so, how do I test them.

Anyone got any ideas as can't get rib off back now and we've just come on holiday!!!!

Steve

Default Re: Opacmare passerelle electrical issue

When you say that the pasarelle does rotate if you push it manually, do you mean it starts to move as if its being powered normally? If so, possibly a solenoid valve sticking. Give each one of them a light tap with a hammer to see if the errant one will move. With some solenoid valves you can actually move the valve manually by pushing from either end

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    When you say that the pasarelle does rotate if you push it manually, do you mean it starts to move as if its being powered normally? If so, possibly a solenoid valve sticking. Give each one of them a light tap with a hammer to see if the errant one will move. With some solenoid valves you can actually move the valve manually by pushing from either end
    +1

earlier in the season there were one or two threads in here on sticking/non-moving passerelles.
    Concept is identical, if you can establish that the actual hydraulics and mechanics on the passerelle are OK, then it leaves you with the (imho) easier bit of sorting out the pump/solenoids.
    A few pics of the pump assembly would probably help

cheers

V.

Hello
    Since 8 years i try to fix that problem:
    The passerelle is used as a crane to lift the dinghy.
    There are 3 axes in out up down and left right.
    I changed all manual switches to normal ones as the original was destroyed by sunlight.
    I change all year the oil complete
    I bought a new solenoid 8 years ago

Often it happens that it does not move right and also not move up.

The motor starts but it does not move.

If i push the manual button while the switch is pressed it moves as it should.

If i change (switch) the solenoid left right and let the kables as they are it does not help at all.

But i found out if i change the cable than it workes well.

I did messure the volts on both cable sides - they are the same!

Often it takes 3 or 5 starts of the pump to start movement, sometimes it does not work at all than i have to change the cables to get the tender on board.

There are no sensors at all and only 1 screw to change the pumppressure and the speed and 2 limiters for left and right speed in the hydraulik system.

Could it be that the relais ( left and up) are bad on the mainboard so that they send enough volts only when the solenoid is not conected but dont send enough power to move the solenoids?

Often it happend that all day it worked but at night as it was colder it did not work...

Also it did help to change the pressure (speed of pump)a lot to let it move again but that did not work always.

Again: if i change the cables from left to right not changing the solenoids it works fine.
    I also can use the cable for right(which works fine)? to let it go up well...
    So the solenoid itself and the black part where the cables are pluget in should be ok.
    As there are no sensors at all i think the relais could be the problem?
    Any ideas?
    Thank you.

What boat do you have, if it's a sealine with an extending platform they can problematic

Hi
    Thanks for the quick response
    It is a lagoon power 44
    The passerella is mounted on the bathplatform

I had an opacmare rotating passarelle. The rotation function has inductive limit sensors that sense the position of a cam on the rotating shaft. (stops people slamming the passarelle into the hull) On mine the sensors had leds that came on when they sensed metal close by and stopped the movement either too far left or too far right. If you can get underneath the passarelle turret can you see them? It could just be an accumulation of rust on the sensor faces as they have a small magnet inside. Also they will be wired back to the control box - worth checking out the connections/operation?

Often it happend that all day it worked but at night as it was colder it did not work...

that sounds like a bad electrical connection - something is expanding enough in the warmth of the day to make contact, but contracts again at night depending on the temp. Could be corosion or could be a cracked/cold solder joint on the control printed circuit. Sometimes circuit boards have connection terminals that clamp the wire in the connection with a small screw. This allows cables to be easily connected to the PCB. If they are over-tightened the solder joint cracks eventually and you get intermittent contact. Have a look at the PCB and re-solder any connections of that style. If there is a crack in the joint you probably won't be able to see it.

Hi thank you for fast reply

From the passerella through the platform only 6 hoses are coming down.

When i reach an end the motor always runs till i stop the command.

The only cables that are connectet to the controlbox are those from the new switches i build in.

And from the box there are a lot of kables conected to the solenoids.

But there is not 1 cable leading from inside the boat outside to the passerella, only 6 hydraulik hoses.

Thats why i am sure that here no sensors are involved.

As the led s are always lighting korrekt and as at the conectors always is the same voltage when i activate a movement, i thought it must maybe be the case that the right signal is to weak to move the valve...

Becouse when i switch a cable from a funktionating direction all works perfekt.

As i found out that the signal is generated via relais on the mainboard i thought that maybe 2 relais are working not good inough...

What do you think?

Thanks
    Thats a good idea
    I will resolder all connections on the mainboard coming from switches

And all that are going to solenoids.

Maybe the connectors has also a bad contact( 1 coming from manual switches, 1 going to tje solenoids), i could cut the plug and make direkt contact wit all cables.

If that doesent help maybe the relais has to be changet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast