Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Drinking Water

boatone is offline Registered User

Default Re: Drinking Water

So Piers, now we know what the magic stuff was (and thanks for asking!) is it possible to get any?

BTW - hows the overflowing coolant problem coming along - still behaving?

boatone@boatsonthethames.co.uk
    Thames MotorBoater? Care about the river? Join the www.tmba.org.uk/about-tmba

Piers is offline Registered User

When I saw Dave, I told him he may have a call or three. I left his number somewhat up this thread. Do call him and ask - he's really helpful.

Piers du Pre
    MBM Cruising Club enthusiast
    These are the voyages of Play d'eau....www.playdeau.com

What's got up your nose, Haydn. Did I intrude on your little UK clique?

We try not to drink from tanked water, refilling the tanks from a hose, and (after a load of water gone through pipes filing up the tanks) then fill up the water bottles. Don't think theres a real problem, but the tank water tasted awful for at least first season or two from new boat, all plasticfied taste. Think we use tankawater for brushing teeth in the loos, but it does seem to taste rather like mints? Oh and I always use Evian or Vittel water bottles, cos otherwise it looks a bit cheap.

The new boat does have a watrmaker, probably adding to the wariness of drinking water out of the tank. If your really worried get one of those Britax (?) water purifeier thingys with a carbon filter and have nice cups of tea with no scum on top.

We also always use a carbon filter on the filler hose which helps with a better taste

hlb is offline Registered User

God, Its amaising. Is there anything else that can be said about a product that we quite happily sent a bucket down a well for, only a few years ago. The F--- Stuff had been sat there for thousands of years and most still is, was, and you want to exchange it for stuff you got a couple of weeks ago!!
    Your prefer to drink Buxton spring water, than out of your own fresh water tap!! Oh well, It amaising what marketing can do!!
    Now with my fish pond, the idea is to get as much algie growth as possible. This promotes good and healthy water.

Haydn