Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All is lost

Default Re: All is lost

Quote Originally Posted by fredrussell View Post
    I share those folk's annoyance at this movie's glaring inaccuracies. As a professional breeder of small magical ponies, imagine my delight when it was announced back in 1985 that there was soon to a be a film release entitled "My Little Pony, The Movie". Sadly, on watching the movie my excitement quickly turned to anger. There were so many errors and inconsistencies in that movie that it was abundantly clear to me that no professional breeders of small magical ponies had been consulted when scripting this film. I left the cinema after half an hour of the puerile and, to my eyes, very childish nonsense. I have since found out that the director, Mike Joens, did little if any research into the world of small magical ponies, which, to be honest, came as no surprise to me.
    Haha very good!
    Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    I have it on digital and must have watched it half a dozen times.

A great fictional drama for sailors and probably without equal ..... until "The Mercy" is released sometime in the next few months.

Richard
    You do need to get out more Richard.
    Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    My colleague and his crewmate were not anchored.

Pete
    A. You didn't mention that, and

B. I'm referring to the general case as portrayed in the film where the boat would normally be anchored, as it was in the film.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    You do need to get out more Richard.
    But I watched it once whilst sitting out under the stars at anchor. You can't get much more "out" than that.

I also watched the entire last series of "Game of Thrones" with my Sons sitting out on deck in the moonlight with a few beers during the course of our July cruise to Venice.

Give it a try if you get the chance .... it's so different to "normal life" and is why I love the combination of boats and warm weather.

Richard

Its a film, nothing like reality.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Its a film, nothing like reality.
    So if I hole the boat on a shipping containing, sailing on the tack that fills the boat up with water for a bit, having a shave and climbing the mast completely unnecessarily isn't what I should do??

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post
    So if I hole the boat on a shipping containing, sailing on the tack that fills the boat up with water for a bit, having a shave and climbing the mast completely unnecessarily isn't what I should do??
    Yeah. That was bizarre, why did he sail on the "holed" tack???

I found it hard to keep watching after that.

Quote Originally Posted by fredrussell View Post
    I share those folk's annoyance at this movie's glaring inaccuracies. As a professional breeder of small magical ponies, imagine my delight when it was announced back in 1985 that there was soon to a be a film release entitled "My Little Pony, The Movie". Sadly, on watching the movie my excitement quickly turned to anger. There were so many errors and inconsistencies in that movie that it was abundantly clear to me that no professional breeders of small magical ponies had been consulted when scripting this film. I left the cinema after half an hour of the puerile and, to my eyes, very childish nonsense. I have since found out that the director, Mike Joens, did little if any research into the world of small magical ponies, which, to be honest, came as no surprise to me.
    Yes that's what I thought aswell, glad I wasn't the only one

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    B

Give it a try if you get the chance .... it's so different to "normal life" and is why I love the combination of boats and warm weather.

Richard
    Me too - its why I sail in Scotland
    Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post
    I haven't watched it for a year or two but didn't he climb the mast to reconnect the antenna cable which had become detached at the masthead?

I'm not sure why it had detached but, once it had become so, I can't see what alternative one would have other than climbing the mast?

Richard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast