Default Any recommendations for winter charter?

Not this winter, but next, thinking about a couple of weeks charter somewhere with a warm sea and all that goes with it. The Caribbean is an obvious possibility and any recommendations in that area (particularly any less obvious spots) would be welcome but I would also be interested in any good alternatives (preferably with no longer flight times)?
    Cruisers' plans are written in the sand - at low tide.

Default Re: Any recommendations for winter charter?

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Not this winter, but next, thinking about a couple of weeks charter somewhere with a warm sea and all that goes with it. The Caribbean is an obvious possibility and any recommendations in that area (particularly any less obvious spots) would be welcome but I would also be interested in any good alternatives (preferably with no longer flight times)?
    The only one I have any experience of and it's well dated is the Whitsundays in Australia. Expensive and long to get there but very pleasant and civilised.
    I am afraid I am prejudiced, the Caribbean don't do it for me.

Check out http://www.open-sail.com/en/

I'm heading out this evening for a one week & one way charter on their new Pogo 12.5. Yippeeeeee.

The Seychelles made a nice change for us after a few years in the Caribbean and Bahamas.

At one time there was a very slight Somalia pirates possibility a La The Chandlers but that's over now.

Richard

Caribbean would be my choice - particularly the Grenadines which I find much more fun than the BVIs and have sailed there quite a few times.

The alternative cheaper but more challenging option with a shorter flight is the Canaries with fewer harbours and even fewer anchorages but some lovely places to go - La Gomera being the most interesting island in my limited experience.