Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Yacht A

Default Motor Yacht A

Hello! I'm a copywriter doing some research on Motor Yacht A. I'm looking for some expert and amateur views on why the boat polarises opinion and what are its pros and cons - be so grateful for any opinions from this expert forum!

Default Re: Motor Yacht A

Motor Yacht A ,que?

A copywriter asking for people to provide, err, copy for which you are going to be paid ? Isn't that the teensiest bit parasitical ?

And posting across multiple forums.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Take pity he's a hack in a Smokey bar downing whisky and trying to catch the eye of a floosie but needs a story else he's out....,,.. he can quote me on ya ht A........ looks like a chair end quote.

I am asking for opinions on Motor Yacht A - I am writing a piece on why it polarises opinions. No intention to offend. I am not an expert on superyachts but assumed there would be plenty of fans on this forum.

Naaw. Yer wastin yer time, the rig is far too small for it ever to win anything.

It's a bit like one of those $40k a night hookers: I don't really understand it, it looks a bit naff and even if I could afford one I really wouldn't want one. So it is of absolutely no relevance to me what so ever.
    Last edited by Judders; 11-01-17 at 17:10.

I'll give this my best shot.
    Part of the point of sailing is the satisfaction of mastering the elements, being in and connected to a wild wilderness, developing a close understanding with crewmates, overcoming technical and psychological challenges.
    This boat with its enormous size, requiring professional crew to run it, seems designed to minimise all those features. It's so large it probably hardly moves with the waves, freeboard so high you could be 50 feet above the water, no feeling from the helm (probably just a joystick), impossible to get into 90+% of harbours, interaction with other sailors virtually impossible, security features that shut you off from the outside world.
    in addition it's incredibly ugly. It could be a bulk carrier with masts stuck on it.
    It's simply a reflection of the owner's hyper-inflated ego.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledegg View Post
    I'll give this my best shot.
    Part of the point of sailing is the satisfaction of mastering the elements, being in and connected to a wild wilderness, developing a close understanding with crewmates, overcoming technical and psychological challenges.
    This boat with its enormous size, requiring professional crew to run it, seems designed to minimise all those features. It's so large it probably hardly moves with the waves, freeboard so high you could be 50 feet above the water, no feeling from the helm (probably just a joystick), impossible to get into 90+% of harbours, interaction with other sailors virtually impossible, security features that shut you off from the outside world.
    in addition it's incredibly ugly. It could be a bulk carrier with masts stuck on it.
    It's simply a reflection of the owner's hyper-inflated ego.
    A very fair summary.
    davidej

I think you are confusing Motor Yacht A with Sailing Yacht A

Wonder what it rates?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast