Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Nauticle?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    135

    Default Nauticle?

    Now, I have quite a bit of respect for what the MCA do generally, but I was tickled () by the title of this article:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...uth-of-newquay

    Any others?
    No-tickle?
    Naughtyckle?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    21,547

    Default Re: Nauticle?

    A nauticle is just a small naut, Shirley.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,460

    Default Re: Nauticle?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    A nauticle is just a small naut, Shirley.
    Or an ill behaved mollusc?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,780

    Default Re: Nauticle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly's Kettle View Post
    Now, I have quite a bit of respect for what the MCA do generally, but I was tickled () by the title of this article:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...uth-of-newquay

    Any others?
    No-tickle?
    Naughtyckle?
    Just you wait until you make a typo here!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind your curtains.
    Posts
    8,295

    Default Re: Nauticle?

    You pick up what you will from that head line.

    I'm more bemused by them giving the position of the rescue as 100 miles south of Newquay rather than 80 miles south of Falmouth. I guess they could also have said it took place 400 miles south west of London.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,460

    Default Re: Nauticle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodlouse View Post
    You pick up what you will from that head line.

    I'm more bemused by them giving the position of the rescue as 100 miles south of Newquay rather than 80 miles south of Falmouth. I guess they could also have said it took place 400 miles south west of London.
    Distance flown, I guess. It does suggest the MCA PR department know little about their employer's business - and quite possibly feel no desire to learn.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,780

    Default Re: Nauticle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpybear View Post
    Distance flown, I guess. It does suggest the MCA PR department know little about their employer's business - and quite possibly feel no desire to learn.
    I don't usually come to the rescue of the MCA but apart from the typo in the title, I see nothing wrong with the article. Of course it says 80 miles S of Newquay. That's where the 'copter flew from. If you travel from A to B, it would seem a bit quaint to give the distance from C.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to