Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NV Charts.

Default Re: NV Charts.

Has anyone tried them with a raymarine plotter?

I had imray charts down the French/Portugese/Spanish atlantic coast and was a bit suspicious with the stitching of the smaller chartlets that seemed to have some curious coastline changes. The alternative navionics are just too expensive for the plotter which leaves me with NV Charts (less than half the price of navionics) or just not bother with any electronic maps on the plotter and rely on the tablet instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JBJag27 View Post
    Has anyone tried them with a raymarine plotter?

I had imray charts down the French/Portugese/Spanish atlantic coast and was a bit suspicious with the stitching of the smaller chartlets that seemed to have some curious coastline changes. The alternative navionics are just too expensive for the plotter which leaves me with NV Charts (less than half the price of navionics) or just not bother with any electronic maps on the plotter and rely on the tablet instead.
    Part of the discussion with the lovely people at "The Sea Chest" was updating my Garmin GPSMAP 750 with the UK charts, now Garmin has "merged" with Navionics they can't do the whole UK in one go!

Speaking with Sea Chest I got the impression that Garmin/Navionics are proprietary file structures and NV could be as well, but it might be worth experimenting with different software. Having looked at NV and knowing that my paper charts are several versions out date am planning to get at least the NV Isles of Scilly to Start Point this summer and can plug their download into several bits of software.
    Cynical Scottish very nearly retired engineer who sails a Gib'Sea 96.

Live aboard the boat- New Zealand at present

Used them extensively in the Caribbean found them to be brilliant-recommend them highly.

Quote Originally Posted by doug748 View Post
    I spotted these in a local shop but have never heard much discussion about them:

https://www.yachtbits.com/nv-charts-...ill-lnodon-uk4

Raster format, multiple platform, available over the counter with paper charts included. Seems a pretty attractive package.
    Has anyone tried them?
    I have them for the SW UK and like them. I also have the App on my phone which seems very good as well and I also like the wind and tide overlay on the app. Be careful over the required operating system which is laid down on their web site. Particularly like the book format for the paper charts.

Yoda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12