Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Essex Marina – Excessive Wash

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWright View Post
    Not that long ago, Rompford was in Essex, before Lunnun stole it, so I'm afraid it's a natural hazard of the Essex rivers. Mobos always seem worse on the Crouch than the Blackwater because the Crouch (my home river) is such a narrow ditch. But I’ve had more jetski hassle on the Blackwater. I've nothing against mobos in general, I just don't like inconsiderate behaviour in any format, including deaf people driving around with their sound system on full power and windows open -it's the same "look at me" mentality.

Peter.
    I don't think Romford has been in Essex since 1965. However On more mobo, speedy boat type subject, I was anchored off Osea island on a peaceful sunny Sunday afternoon last year and awakened from my post luncheon snooze by a number of speedy boats, of various dimensions, some with outboard motors the size of London buses, and eminating enough noise to silence a Boeing 747, and causing enough wash to to swamp the Isle of Wight. So like a Peter I think the Crouch is quite peaceful in comparison to the Blackwater, although of course I do love the Blackwater.
    Last edited by Vamoose; 26-04-17 at 18:21.
    Blessed are the tea makers

Default Re: Essex Marina – Excessive Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Vamoose View Post
    I don't think Romford has been in Essex since 1965.
    Like said, not long ago...

Peter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345