Default Fuel in Jersey and Guernsey

Am planning a few days in both , currently in St Helier and looking to fuel up.
    Where is the best value ?

Cheers
    tetleys

Default Re: Fuel in Jersey and Guernsey

Almost certainly taking on diesel from a tanker at St Sampson. Threre will probably be a minimum quantity, but has generally been about 10p per liter cheaper than anywhere else.

Telephone booking : 01481 200800 or 245858.
    Inside St Sampson's Harbour, go to east side of Abraham's Bosom, the pier to the right ahead.
    On the internet no one knows you are a donkey.

To note, it is tidal, though. Whether you care to book your day around that saving ....mind you, last year at B.works, I waited about an hour and a half for someone to turn up to work...kind of scuppers your passage planning. Jersey does a discount for maybe 500 litres plus...can't quite recall, but if you are there anyway...kind of cuts the saving maybe elsewhere, given tides, times and it is a holiday, right !,

Thanks for the replies and advice
    I am in agreement with gjgm and having made a few calls it's 48.5 ppl with the tanker in Guernsey or 55 ppl in jersey on the pontoon , either way it's a big saving to back home on south coast
    The weather and crossing conditions today from Weymouth to Jersey have been fantastic and soon makes winter a distant memory

We ended up fuelling at the self service Marinefuel 24/7 in St Helier , very easy and great value at 49ppl which was same price as a tanker at St Samson

Quote Originally Posted by tetleys View Post
    We ended up fuelling at the self service Marinefuel 24/7 in St Helier , very easy and great value at 49ppl which was same price as a tanker at St Samson
    I'm very surprised that St Sampson is 49p, I'd have expected nearer 35p!