Default Bowthruster Remote

Last year I fitted a bowthruster to the boat. A Vetus one with one control in the wheelhouse and another at the external helm. Thought a remote may be useful at times but a fairly expensive option from Vetus. The joysticks are connected to the motor by a 4 wire cable with each joystick having an in and and out plug so you can link in a "daisy chain". Checking the Vetus circuit diagram the 2 inner pins on the plugs are 12v+ and 12v-. As you move the joystick 12v+ is supplied to one of the outer pins to energise the main relay to activate the motor in one direction or the other.

Purchased off ebay a Winch Remote Control
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECOVERY-W...MAAOSwTuJYwmdF

Quite a simple wire up to the unused plug at the end of the chain as the remote controller has 4 wires (+ antenna) 12v+ and 12v- in. The 2 other wires output 12v+ depending on which button is pressed.

Default Re: Bowthruster Remote

I gained a remote on a boat once as it just came with it. I would save your money. It has little value. There are better things to spend on

Quote Originally Posted by paul salliss View Post
    I gained a remote on a boat once as it just came with it. I would save your money. It has little value. There are better things to spend on
    At several hundred for a Vetus one I would agree but the one I fitted was off Ebay designed for wireless winch control (see link) which cost £11 - not a huge amount.

Did the same thing on my targa 40. Handy if I am single handed mooring up. No need to run round like a maniac.

Evening, easily done without buying the scandalously priced Vetus remote. I made my own using a garage door remote kit from Maplin and a couple of relays. PM me and I'll send you circuit diagram and details. Cost about £20 quid all in.