Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Memory 19 Topsail

There's a Memory 19 Facebook group, maybe that would be a better place to get together, get advice?

Happy New Year Rik, and thank you very much for the offer of the manual on PDF (my email sent by PM). It'll be really useful, as there are some elements of my boat which I'm pretty sure aren't as the makers intended. All the best, Ben

Are these currently being made?
    Looking these up last night, it seems Salterns transferred the building to a new Ltd Co associated with Collars (oars). Looking at that NewCo it seems it was dissolved in December 2017 and google doesn't identify a new builder.
    Apologies in advance if I have misunderstood matters.

What do you need to know? I was building Memorys in 1976.....
    Last edited by deadeyedick; 05-01-18 at 17:02.

Just a suggestion re the hard eye. Unsplice it?

Thanks for the offer of more info Deadeyedick, but Rik (original poster) has sent me a library of info, including old Memory Owners' Newsletters and the Memory manual. Enough to keep me busy with my rigging.

What I haven't managed to find (yet) is reference to outboards best suited to the outboard well (as on my Memory). I've got a Suzuki 5hp (5FS, same as 4, 5 and 5hp Tohatsu dimensions as I understand. It just (and I mean just) fits in, though I need to take the handle off every time I attach/ detach the outboard. My boat came with (and was used by previous owner) a little Seagull. I sail on very swift tidal rivers so can't get away with a tiddler, and I wonder what others use?

I have a mariner 6 HP but haven't had to pull it out yet. The right prop for a displacement hull is probably the most important thing.

Thanks Rik. So do you keep it in the well/ water all the time it's moored? The hassle of attaching/ detaching mine means I leave mine in all season. It's regularly fired up and comes out for clean now and again, but otherwise is in the water all the time. If I had an easier one to fit, I think I'd keep it in the cabin between sails (motors).

Yes, out of laziness. It will need to come out soon for a clean. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Just joined the Facebook group, should be a good place but could do with a few more members. 'Memory 19 Gaff Rig'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12